What do you eat in a day?

31, 6' 4", 180lbs
I normally eat breakfast at 6:30, lunch at noon, dinner at 9 ish after I workout. Snacks around 9am and 3-5pm.
Breakfast is always 3 eggs, 3 pieces of sausage. Sometimes I'll add some potatoes or avocado.
Lunch almost always is either chicken, beef, or ground turkey of some kind, a good amount of vegetables and a little fruit.
Dinner basically the same.
Somewhere between 400-600 calories for breakfast and lunch, double that for dinner, and about 800 calories from snacks including protein shakes.

On a hard training day:

Breakfast
steel cut oatmeal
tbsp peanut butter
flax seeds
chia seeds
oat milk
blueberries
banana

Lunch
chicken breast
basmati rice
orange

Dinner/post workout recovery
protein shake w/creatine, glutamine and 2 tbsp tart cherry juice concentrate
sweet potato

Snacks during the day
slice of bread with peanut butter
mixed nuts

2,788 calories

Muay Thai 3 nights a week
Weight lifting 3 nights a week

6'2"
49 YO
185 lbs

What are your meal times and do you plan snack times? Trying to put together a new routine to match my new schedule and was re-reading this thread. I'm working 3:30pm-2am now.

What are your meal times and do you plan snack times? Trying to put together a new routine to match my new schedule and was re-reading this thread. I'm working 3:30pm-2am now.
I am totally off that diet now, because I tweaked my back and am in PT, so no hard training days for me currently. As far as meal times, it's roughly:

10 AM breakfast
11:30 AM snack
1 PM lunch
3 PM snack
8 PM dinner

Did you mean you are eating around 3500 a day? I don't see how you can sustain a 1000-1200 daily calorie deficit for a prolonged period of time and gain strength or stamina.
Nope, I am burning between 3-3500 calories each day (according to my watch) and only eat a few small meals.

I catch a lot of slack for it, but its been a two and a half decade “training” process to get to where I am able to function efficiently. I started it early in my military career and just sort of continued to do it.

Its not a rigid schedule, somedays I eat more than others, some days I do less work than others but it works as an overall fitness program for what I do. It is by no means perfect, but I have never felt limited physically or mentally in any activity I’ve ever done.

5’10 175
I eat in a 2 hour window around my workout usually early afternoon. Immediately after my workout I’ll have fresh some fresh fruit or honey then cook 1-1.5 lbs of meat and 6 eggs with cheese. Pretty much the same thing every day. Occasionally I’ll have some peanut butter or almond butter as a dessert.

5’10 175
I eat in a 2 hour window around my workout usually early afternoon. Immediately after my workout I’ll have fresh some fresh fruit or honey then cook 1-1.5 lbs of meat and 6 eggs with cheese. Pretty much the same thing every day. Occasionally I’ll have some peanut butter or almond butter as a dessert.
That's solid commitment.

I'll jump in! I know it's helpful to have a few different ideas of what people do.
5'6", 145-150lbs. I typically eat around 2200kcal or so per day.

Workout at 0400.
First breakfast at 0500ish.
Second breakfast at 0830.
Lunch Noon
Second lunch at 1600-1700ish
Dinner around 2100. This is by far the biggest meal of the day at 600ish kcal and over 100g of carbs. I typically go to bed right after this.

For those who are fairly well organized and stick to a routine, what's your day looking like?
Meals, times, when do you lift, calories per meal, ect.

Cheers🍻

I'm 6' and hover between 215-220. Usually eat around 2500kcal per day. Unless you're a high level athlete timing isn't quite as important. That said I like to get my carbs in around meal time. Quite a few cheap/free spreadsheets that let you set up custom plans.

5’11” 220 36

I eat between 10am and 6pm
I try to mostly eat unprocessed food. Drink tons of water
Every lunch is the same (large salad with some chicken). Portion control is a big part of my “diet” although it’s more lifestyle oriented. I’ll have that drink or a cookie but moderation reigns supreme.
Dinner is what wife or I cook so it’s either high carb (her) or low (me) so we alternate. I don’t need much in the way of carbs that late at night. Also have apples and pecans a lot of days

I run 4 days a week and blend my resistance training with CrossFit type workouts and full body lift routines. I’m not so strict there but I try to get some good leg work in every week
I ride a desk so the cardio is a nice break before lunch during the work week. I also make sure 2 of my weekend days include activities that keep me moving. I love to hike even without a gun or bow so I do that a lot.

Edit: blended my response with two separate threads

Last edited:
Coffee with a little half and half for breakfast (anywhere from 4 am to 10 am, depending on when I roll out of bed). Lunch sometime between 10 and 2. Meat or fish and vegetables, all I can eat. Supper around 6 pm, same and all I can eat, but with a few rice or potato carbs thrown in. No snacks. Never sugar added or in anything I eat. No hunger between meals or energy dips. Lift all day due to the work I do. All functional, never weights. Ride dirt bikes, surf, heavy backpacking, mountain biking. Plenty of sex with no need for hormone replacement.

I personally believe that plenty of good sleep and zero sugar are the most important contributers to my overall physical and hormonal health.

60 years old in exactly 8 weeks.
20181003_203957.jpg

Back