What rifle is missing stock options?

OP
S

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I forgot to mention @Stockys , maybe Jessica can let us know when she gets through the first wave of RokStoks :)
They’re next in line to start cutting on the machine after the rokstoks. I will post on here as soon as the stocks are ready for sale! Sorry it’s taking longer than expected but the rokstoks are starting to ship this week so we’ll be pushing through them as quickly as we can!

Mtandrew

FNG
Tikka, was looking at stockys but sounds like people say they sound super hollow and the butts are fragile. Is this true? And common for them to receive cracks?

prm

WKR
@Stockys I have not seen any definitive list, have you ruled one way or the other on a stock for a Kimber Montana?
Most of my wants make little business sense, but a lightweight, negative comb stock, with a mag for an 84M would be a big deal. To the best of my knowledge all of the versions of the 84M share the same stock compatibility. Even lighter cartridges have muzzle rise with the 84M so helping with that is a benefit. Lightweight would be critical as nobody owns an 84M to have a heavy rifle. Having a T3X I really appreciate that mag system. Something of similar capability would really improve the 84M.

lelliott8

FNG
Tikka, was looking at stockys but sounds like people say they sound super hollow and the butts are fragile. Is this true? And common for them to receive cracks?
Mine sounds a little hollow when you knock on the butt, not sure if its worse than my factory stock.
Does not feel fragile and there are a whole pile of people with them on here and very few (one?) report of them cracking.
I am not worried about it.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Mine sounds a little hollow when you knock on the butt, not sure if its worse than my factory stock.
Does not feel fragile and there are a whole pile of people with them on here and very few (one?) report of them cracking.
The one that I have handled/shot feels as solid as anything else besides some boat anchor F-Class type stock. I wouldn't use it to drive 16d nails, but for a rough use hunting rifle I can't imagine it would be the failure point. Butt feels as solid as my Bansner and MPI stocks, foreend flexes slightly less than the bansner (which is pretty darn stiff), and it's lighter than both by about 1/2 a pound. I'd say they are good to go! Plus the construction is I believe similar (same?) in terms of the shell as the RokStok which Form and others have supposedly beat the snot out of with no problems

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with some people in the thread. A lightweight carbon stock for kimber 84m. Maybe more people in my situation that bought the hunter because they wanted a lightweight rifle but didn't have cash for a montana or mountain ascent at the the time. Been looking around for after market but the supply is very limited and very expensive.

robtattoo

WKR
Bored at work. Here's a compiled list of action votes so far not including votes that're now in production:

Ruger M77 models: 23..........L/H: 1
Browning A-Bolt: 5
Browning X-Bolt: 14.... .....L/H: 2
Sako 75/85: 9
Ruger 10/22: 2
Ruger American (1 & 2): 27..........L/H: 2
Win. M70 pre-64: 4
Kimber 84 (L, M & S/A): 21
Sako S20: 4
Mauser 98: 2
Steyr ProHunter: 5
Rem 600: 3
CZ 600: 3
Savage (L & S/A): 4..........L/H: 2
Blaser R8: 2
Weatherby (all models): 3
Sauer 100: 2
Seekins: 4
Barrett Fieldcraft: 2

OTHER (Marlin, T/C, Mauser 93/95/96, CVA, Blaser K95, BAT/Custon actions etc...): 1 each.

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with some people in the thread. A lightweight carbon stock for kimber 84m. Maybe more people in my situation that bought the hunter because they wanted a lightweight rifle but didn't have cash for a montana or mountain ascent at the the time. Been looking around for after market but the supply is very limited and very expensive.
I will also add that I prefer more traditional hunter stock design over the new age designs.

WKR
Bored at work. Here's a compiled list of action votes so far not including votes that're now in production:

OTHER (Marlin, T/C, Mauser 93/95/96, CVA, Blaser K95, BAT/Custon actions etc...): 1 each.
Let's go Ruger M77!

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider

Thank you for putting your hard work towards the hunting community.

Let's go kimber. If stocky's starts making one for around that 550$ they are selling their other stocks for now, I'll be on it like white on rice.

Basically like getting a montana at a discount.

Mtandrew

FNG
Thanks for your input, is there anything texture wise for grip? I always seem to find myself carrying the rifle in snow wet frozen in gloves.

WHALL

FNG
Stocky's here

We value the Rokslide's opinions and desires so we wanted to throw this discussion out there to you first. We're planning our 2024 project board and we have our own thoughts and list but want to hear from you!

What rifle do you want a new carbon fiber stock for that doesn't have enough options in the aftermarket world?
Browning X bolt, great guns with decent factory stocks, however, not many options for aftermarket.

@Stockys I have not seen any definitive list, have you ruled one way or the other on a stock for a Kimber Montana?
Most of my wants make little business sense, but a lightweight, negative comb stock, with a mag for an 84M would be a big deal. To the best of my knowledge all of the versions of the 84M share the same stock compatibility. Even lighter cartridges have muzzle rise with the 84M so helping with that is a benefit. Lightweight would be critical as nobody owns an 84M to have a heavy rifle. Having a T3X I really appreciate that mag system. Something of similar capability would really improve the 84M.
That sounds like the rokstok “light” that ryan and UM have hinted at. I bet theres a good chance they make it in a kimber inlet

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
A question with Socky's.

The price that is shown online, is that a completed stock with limbsaver, swivels, bedded etc. that is shipped home for you to just put your action/barrel in?