Wyoming G&F, how de we get a voice as NR's?

jmez

WKR
I'm going to make a conscious choice to live in a major metropolitan area. I will not live in WY, what are you stupid? Have you seen the wages and the job market? You have to drive 5 hours to get on an airplane? They close the roads in the winter. The wind blows all the time. There are no people in WY. You might actually have to have a shred of common sense and self reliance to live there. Two weeks is about all I can stand of that pristine, uncivilized mess.

Hey WY, I make a lot of money and a pretty refined. I deserve to tell you minions how things will be done there. You will only benefit from my generous offer on how to maximize my enjoyment of your playground. What, your not interested? No wonder you live in a backward federally funded mess with no people and no money. I'm just trying to help, hillbillies are just to dumb to see it. $(+# you Wyoming.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Has anyone noticed that NR hunters are gaining general licenses this year? So much for taking opportunities away...

wyogoat

WKR
China, How do I as a US resident get a say in your foreign policy?
That question makes as much sense as the question initially stated.
You don’t. Again, three choices:

Boycott and don’t contribute to the state.

Abide by what is established by the state (that you don’t reside in or contribute to year round)

Move and enjoy the benefits.
Until then….

I cannot imagine having the audacity to feel I have a say in how Texas manages exotics, or how Alaska manages their Dall population.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
It was the WAY Wyoming G&F stole NR money that was bothersome. 90/10 is fair.

But here, WYGFD raised NR sheep & moose points to an exorbitant $150 over several price hikes, and then walked away with all that money. They completely negated that investment for thousands of NRs by reworking the structure so drastically that it completely negated most NRs chance to ever draw moose/sheep. That is stealing.

wyogoat

WKR

But here, WYGFD raised NR sheep & moose points to an exorbitant $150 over several price hikes, and then walked away with all that money. They completely negated that investment for thousands of NRs by reworking the structure so drastically that it completely negated most NRs chance to ever draw moose/sheep. That is stealing.
And that’s a fair complaint. Most of this thread is just whining without articulating the issues.
The cost of the point purchase didn’t increase though right?

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
And that’s a fair complaint. Most of this thread is just whining without articulating the issues.
The cost of the point purchase didn’t increase though right?
WY Moose Sheep points increased from $7, to $75/100 to $150-ish. Over about 15-20 year period.

Those high preference point prices were only justifiable because of the generous NR allocation and true preference structure. Completely taking away those NR tags and also keeping the money is STEALING.

But Wyoming residents deserve/deserved 90/10 (on every species). It is the WAY this went down that makes the crime.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
China, How do I as a US resident get a say in your foreign policy?
That question makes as much sense as the question initially stated.
You don’t. Again, three choices:

Boycott and don’t contribute to the state.

Abide by what is established by the state (that you don’t reside in or contribute to year round)

Move and enjoy the benefits.
Until then….

I cannot imagine having the audacity to feel I have a say in how Texas manages exotics, or how Alaska manages their Dall population.

You left out civil disobedience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyogoat

WKR
Haven’t most states raised their prices in that time frame though? Like nationwide? I think an Illinois NR deer tag has risen in that same time frame.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t most states raised their prices in that time frame though? Like nationwide? I think an Illinois NR deer tag has risen in that same time frame.

In Oklahoma, if you bow hunt, a nonresident can get 6 deer tags (2 buck tags) and hunt from October 1- Jan 15th for a whopping $300. Not all states are as greedy and as efficient at fleecing people as Wyoming.

TaperPin

WKR
:)
Here’s another great solution that requires the least effort - just shun the state - it will really f em up.
ACB583D8-E6DB-4CDC-9875-34BE97A77EB9.jpeg

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely. And I won't complain about any state raising prices on a base license or a tag.

But WY raised the prices (drastically) on preference points. Which (in a true preference structure) is the selling of a future expectancy. And then pulled the rug out when the state of Wyoming decided they would keep both the tags AND the money. Wyoming deserves to keep the tags - and 90/10 is fair. Then they need to return the money that was raised by dangling the tags out to justify $150 points.

If a private company did what WY G&F did, we would call it fraud.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely. And I won't complain about any state raising prices on a base license or a tag.

But WY raised the prices (drastically) on preference points. Which (in a true preference structure) is the selling of a future expectancy. And then pulled the rug out when the state of Wyoming decided they would keep both the tags AND the money. Wyoming deserves to keep the tags - and 90/10 is fair. Then they need to return the money that was raised by dangling the tags out to justify $150 points.

If a private company did what WY G&F did, we would call it fraud.

I smell a class action lawsuit coming on. I would be happy to get my money back for my sheep and moose points.

KenLee

WKR

U new to how government works?

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
And you can purchase a Kia for much less than a Cadillac.

Oklahoma is a sleeper state when it comes to whitetails. The problem is that there is minimal public land and people from Texas have driven up lease prices for good land.

So your dream car is a Cadillac? It must really suck getting old.