Bino Harmesses and insulation heat loss

Anyone else find that when you wear a bino harness over any sort of insulating layer that it effectively negates its benefit in the torso?

Hmmm. No. I don't notice that.

I do sweat there more. That may lead to the feeling of cold. I had a softball sized hernia right there until last week so we will see what happens with that being gone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You might need to adjust the straps if it’s compressing your insulating jacket that much. If you’re alternating between moving a bunch and then stopping and glassing, I prefer to wear my bino harness over my base or mid layer, then put on my puffy when glassing and remove my binos from the harness and put them on a tripod.

Wrench

WKR
Mine feels warmer right there unless I am crushing my insulation layer.

Now if we want to talk about my pack straps....yes, I do notice.

mtnkid85

WKR
I can't say Ive noticed it but sure it makes sense, especially if your talking a lightly filled down jacket.
I have on occasion just thrown my big down puffy on over my bino harness, which I guess would technically be warmer but then Im always fighting the bingo straps coming up around my neck when the puffy is zipped up tight.

OP
O
I wear the AGC bino pouch. Love it but I feel like it crushes the insulation in my Sawtooth jacket or my Unpronounceable in the body where the straps and pouch sit. I do like it slightly tighter so it doesn’t bounce around which might be part of the problem. I was just curious if others had experienced this.