Post Thanks / Like

Pillow rage solved.

I hate chasing my $&@ing pillow around the tent at night. You can never just leave it at the top of the air mattress and crawl in your mummy bag and expect it to stay there all night.
    Stuffing the pillow in the hood of the sleeping bag works ok but I sleep like a Tasmanian tornado so sooner or later its in the way.

Stuck some velcro tape on my air mattress, stuck some on my pillow and bingo! I can thrash around all night and my pillow stays on top of the air mattress and under my head where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to start a band now and name it Pillow Rage. Thanks for that.

4. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished a two week hunt wondering how this would work. Now I know it does!

Post Thanks / Like
    I get pillow rage as well... I tried silicon strips on the bottom of the pillow but they wouldn't stick.

I may have to try this.. does the velcro make noise while you are sleeping?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    I get pillow rage as well... I tried silicon strips on the bottom of the pillow but they wouldn't stick.

I may have to try this.. does the velcro make noise while you are sleeping?
    It only makes noise if you pull it apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have pillow rage. Recent fix is putting the pillow in a shirt that I don’t wear to bed. Adding my puffy between pillow and shirt. I lay on the remainder of the shirt ad it helps keep it in place. Might be trying Velcro soon now.

9. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want someone to invent some slip-resistant silnylon. I swear to God, I'm gonna make condoms out of that stuff. Silnylon bivy + Thermarest pad + EE quilt + >1* slope = my ass is sliding down the mountain in the middle of the night, wrapped up like a little Austin-burrito.

I even spread SilNet on the bottom of the pad to help prevent this exact problem. Still, no-go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with everyone and everything in this thread. I’ve also realized what a terrible cushion air makes, specifically in a pillow.

"Do what is necessary." - Jim Wendler

Post Thanks / Like
    I got tired of my neck being sore from my inflatable pillow. I just stuff my puffy in my sleeping bag stuff sack. I did run a few more strips of silicone on the sack and my pad- bingo....works great.

Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    The silicone has to be diluted to a almost watery consistency...then it won't peal. You can use mineral spirits.
    “Everyone has a plan .......until they get punched in the face” Mike Tyson

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” ― Edwin Louis Cole

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thinking! I had pillow rage for 14 straight days in Colorado. I used the roll up straps on my air mattress to hold my pillow in place but it was not where my head was at. I will Velcro that sucker in place before I head back to Colorado next week. I’m a thrashing machine when I sleep.