Where the heck is the meateater?

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
With the switch to a Netflix original, I wonder if we will start getting longer episodes in future seasons. Would love to get some more of the dialogue between Rinella and his guests onto the show. Obviously this new season, based on the episode lengths and "commercial break' spots was still being edited for TV. Curious to see how their goals change in future seasons...

zacattack

WKR
If I remember correctly He said on some of the podcasts that they prefer to do the shorter episodes because it makes telling the story easier and they were worried that viewers would lose interest.

Also, has anybody else finished all of the new ones yet? I have one left

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I was home sick yesterday and knocked the whole season out. Really enjoyable even while feeling like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Mr. Meateater must have caught some netflix attention, they have titled meateater a netflix original which means its exclusive to netflix.

the meat eater podcast receives multiple hundred of thousands of down loads, i'm personally glad one of the largest media foot prints is being left by Rineila, the most well spoken articulate hunter we have in our community.

I really like this show. I truly just enjoy listening to him and respect the way the show is done. From what I have seen so far no trying to be cool catch phrase nonsence. No talk of inches the moment they see the antlers. Just a respect for the hunt and the desire to put meat on the table. The way he tells a story and connects with people and places reminds me of Anthony Bourdain.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Meat Eater.jpgView attachment 80219Ran into them while they were filming the Nevada episode with Rogan.
They stopped by my camp to see where I was hunting but I was leaving that day, stopped by there camp on the way out and met Joe, gave them some info on what I was seeing, pretty cool guys to talk to. Steve was inquisitive and seemed pretty interested in my history since I'm from HI, one of those guys thats full of knowledge. They did some filming, made me sign a waiver but I guess I was to ugly for the show, he,he. I hope I get to hunt that area again one day, that episode really brought back memories. Now I gotta find a day to binge watch the rest of the episodes, great stuff.

Last edited:
I have been listening to his podcasts for a while. He amazes with how much he has absorbed from reading regarding hunting and history. More importantly how much he has retained. I just watched the first Nevada episode on Netflix yesterday good to see they are real people and don't tag out every episode which is reality for most of us as well. Very few guys left in this sector of the hunting market I can watch or listen to but Steve does a great job hope he stays the course.

Is the podcast not on ITunes anymore? I haven't been able to get the newest podcast and just checked today and the entire podcast was gone?

jsb

FNG
Only hunting show worth watching IMO. Psyched he is on Netflix now and I hope he's making some coin.

jsb

FNG
Newberg and Solo Huntr are good as well if you havent watched those... so we have 3 shows at least amongst the garbage.. lol

Yeah, I saw a couple Newberg shows awhile back and they were good. I should have said Meateater is the best show in my opinion, rather than the only one worth watching, because I haven't seen them all. Rinella just seems like more of an everyman hunter like myself and I like the way he tells his stories, and the show doesn't always end with an obligatory big rack. It's been helping keep me motivated this season when I'm kind of struggling with the strain of getting up at 4:30 a.m. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out those shows.

I like Randy Newberg too. At first I though he was kind of cheesey but I have really come to respect him a lot. I appreciate all he does for public land hunters. He’s one of my favorites now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
thanks for letting me know 7 is on Netflix.

i almost high fived my wife when the elderly gent nailed that moose. i wish i took my stepdad on more hunts before he passed.. that episode hit home for me.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Newberg and Solo Huntr are good as well if you havent watched those... so we have 3 shows at least amongst the garbage.. lol

Agreed! And solo huntr has 6 seasons on Amazon Prime if you have an account, start streaming!

OP
Desk Jockey
Almost thru the season. There is a really exceptional moment during the caribou hunt in Alaska. One of the best portrayals of that post kill rush of mixed emotions that I have seen on film. So well done.