15x binos BANG FOR BUCK?

Stiddca

FNG
Going on first hunt that will be glassing and looking to purchase quality glass, best value For money

Kenn

WKR
I have Nikon 16x56 and Swaro 15X56. I plan to sell the Nikons ($450 if you want them) because I really like the Swaro's. As far as bang for the buck, there is no way the Swaro's are worth 3-4 times as much. They are clearer without a doubt but I don't think I missed any animals with the Nikons that I would have seen with the Swaro's. The Nikon's don't close far enough for my freakish eyes and that is the main reason I upgraded.

+1 for the Meostars. All that Swaro has on them is a tad more FOV and a couple oz lighter. Not bad for saving $1000

Tmac

WKR
In a similar situation I ended up with some Minox 15x56’s at a demo price. My current set are the Meopta 15x. The Minox served me well and still remain as backups or loaners. Not sure what model they are, but the Nikon’s above may be the ticket for a budget.

OP
S

Stiddca

FNG
In a similar situation I ended up with some Minox 15x56’s at a demo price. My current set are the Meopta 15x. The Minox served me well and still remain as backups or loaners. Not sure what model they are, but the Nikon’s above may be the ticket for a budget.
I don’t really have a budget I just don’t wanna pay 1k more for a 1% increase in product.

BjornF16

WKR
Are you absolutely convinced 15’s are required?

If 15’s why not 18’s?

Best value? Argument can be made for Razor UHD 12x50 or 18x56.

Best glass? Perhaps Swaro 12x50 EL SV.

OP
S

Stiddca

FNG
Are you absolutely convinced 15’s are required?

If 15’s why not 18’s?

Best glass? Perhaps Swaro 12x50 EL SV.

i have a nice pair of 18’s at my disposal if I want to use them, but I think for long term of my upcoming hunts 15’s are what I want to spend my money on. Maybe later one I will opt to go with the 18’s but for now I don’t think they are what I want

Tmac

WKR
I don’t really have a budget I just don’t wanna pay 1k more for a 1% increase in product.
Then I’d take a hard look at the Meopta Meostar HD or the Cabelas Euro optics version if you can find it, Cabela‘s is closing out the few they have left last I looked. $1,500 ish if you watch the sales I think. It‘s excellent glass.

BjornF16

WKR
There are a lot of factors to consider...

Do you wear glasses?

Eye relief is a consideration if you do.

Tmac

WKR
If 15’s why not 18’s?

I’d like to see how the Meopta’s compare to the UHD 18x. Did not get to do that when I bought the Meopta’s.

OP
S

Stiddca

FNG
There are a lot of factors to consider...

Do you wear glasses?

Eye relief is a consideration if you do.
Will be wearing contacts on the hunt, glasses seem to cause to many problems with fogging, rain etc

AZsniper

WKR
right now Euro Optic has the Leupold BX-5 Santiam 15-56 on sale for $799. Those are 1200-1400 everywhere else. On top of that Leupold has a promo when you buy those you get a free carbon fiber tripod. I think there are better binos out there but those are very well reviewed and for that price I don't think you will beat the deal. imo