15x56 in replace of spotting scope??

kad11

WKR
I debated this a lot recently, after returning from my mule deer hunt. Ultimately, I decided my little lightweight Nikon ED50 spotter will still be my preferred option. It's lighter and more compact than a high mag pair of bins, which means I'll be more prone to take it with me. I could change my mind someday, but at least for one more year, I'm sticking with the 8x32/ED50 setup that I've had for years now.
What eyepiece are you using on your ed50?

Did you get the adapter from Bill over at the bird or astronomy forums?
Yup. Handy little things. Pity he doesn't make them anymore.

It took a bit to adapt that Pentax eyepiece because the barrel didn't unscrew like the standard astronomy eyepieces and the barrel had a lens in it. I nearly destroyed it trying to adapt it, but it finally worked out and it works damn good. Perfect for that little scope.

squirrel

WKR
Currently running 9x25's. 10x42's. 15x56's. 30x50 fixed scope. 20-60x80 scope. All have their place and time and there is no magic bullet does it all option. What you need to do is get your wife a second job and gt her hot younger sister to carry all your optics and tripods. If you do THAT then you know you are doing well, a great hunter and a fine figure of a man... yes?

Now if the hot younger sister thing doesn't work out...
D5F0687A-7A29-4E52-8041-56E280C4A881.jpeg

Mavens a little better?
For me I think they were a touch better, I had the kaibab 20x and they were good but again I gave the nod to Mavens. I never got to look at the razor UHDs in 18s but am still curious. I had 15s before and really enjoyed them, and those were the vultures I ran for a number of years. For the price I think they’re the best out there, I sold them for under $300

Jason277

WKR
For me I think they were a touch better, I had the kaibab 20x and they were good but again I gave the nod to Mavens. I never got to look at the razor UHDs in 18s but am still curious. I had 15s before and really enjoyed them, and those were the vultures I ran for a number of years. For the price I think they’re the best out there, I sold them for under $300
Are the Mavens made in USA?