2015 NV mule deer hunt w/ Jimmy (slim Jim)

Shrek

WKR
Keep glassing something will move in soon enough that will spark the arrows to fly!

Do you know the rancher who owns the property last name? I got a good buddy that knows a bunch of the ranchers up there and might be able to make a call for you....?
It would be priceless to know where he was going to move sheep to and where they've been in the last few weeks. It might tell you what hasn't been disturbed that the big boys might be hiding out.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Not seeing anything in bed. Going to keep glassing hoping to turn something up.
If nothing comes to bed at the peak tomorrow and nothing to put to bed, we might pull out and come back to another area Labor Day weekend.
Unbelievable that the big 4 or the other monster on the peak hasn't shown back up. Once those big boys lay eyes on you they're out of the country. Like Robby said that if you aim for really big bucks, you better be ready to eat tag soup sometimes. I'm not counting myself out but it's not looking good.
I really want to help Gabe get his first archery buck. Tomorrow it's got to turn around.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Another morning of nothing. What a waste this year. I see great deer in here every year and that's why I decided to do a live hunt regardless of success. I thought for sure it would be action packed. I can't stay here any longer and waste valuable hunting time. We even ran into a guy up here yesterday that was scouting for rifle season and he said it hasn't looked good. He said he hunts in the same basin we are hunting in every year and hasn't ever seen it like this either. I'm going to try and come back to a different area on Labor Day weekend and try to make it happen. Gabe has a NV bull tag that we need to fill first then we'll head back up. I will post some pics when I get home.

Shrek

WKR
It has been good following and it's hunting not shooting. It's been a great hunt to follow and thanks for taking us along.

CaseyU

WKR
To be continued! Maybe that rancher has been pushing sheep through there. Have a safe trip out and keep us posted!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You've got to be f--n kidding me!
The rancher and his dogs are about a 1/2 mile away from where I'm set up at the peak. He's pushing the sheep into the basin we've been hunting. Talk about luck

AGGGGhhhhhh the dreaded stinky-sheep-ruin-the hunt trick. I've had that happen more than once.

good hunt Jim, enjoyable to watch and certainly "real" Thanks for taking us all along.

velvetfvr

WKR
I've only been able to hunt this year with friends since I didn't pull a tag, and it's been really weird this year. Kinda glad I actually didn't draw almost because it has to be frustrating.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Pic of the peak looking down on private property side

Some of the beds up top at the peak

This one was like a cave

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
A couple pics of the 4x3s
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439845548.278285.jpg

I wish I would've been able to get a pic of the big 4. He was what I was after. Shame he never showed himself again

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again for a great live hunt and awesome pics. Best of luck w rest of season!

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I leave Friday for a rifle antelope hunt with my two youngest boys. I don't hunt with a rifle much but I've been waiting for this tag so that I can take them with. This will be their first big game hunt with dad. They are super pumped! I'm not a trophy antelope guy so if anything looks decent and it presents a shot it's going down. Hopefully we get it done this coming weekend because Gabes bull hunt is the weekend after. As long as it doesn't rain, Gabe should be able to get it done on the first weekend. I'm really hoping he does because I want to pick this back up for Labor Day weekend! I already know where I'm going to go. It will only be a 4 mile hike in to an area I've hunted in the past. I haven't ever seen any toads in there in the past but I have seen some very respectable bucks in the 160-175" range.
To be continued! (I hope)

CaseyU

WKR
Thanks for the update jim! Pictures are some gorgeous country! very jealous! glad you guys made it out now wack that goat and get back up there.