2015 NV mule deer hunt w/ Jimmy (slim Jim)

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I'm in position now. My farthest lane is about 60 yards. Now let's just hope he comes to bed over here this morning. Gabe stayed back at camp to glass from there. I don't think he wanted to climb this peak at 4am haha

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
A rancher has been pushing sheep up the basin all morning. They're only about a mile and a half now below. I hope they don't mess things up.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Well nothing has come in yet. Don't know if it's the sheep and dogs barking.
Gabe hasn't seen anything but small bucks this morning. Man and I was feeling really good about today. I've never had more than two slow mornings in a row up here. It's gotta pick up soon. The big 4 still hasn't shown back up since the day we hiked in. He'll be back, I'm pretty confident.
Still a little time for them to still come and bed. These high country bucks usually don't bed until around 9-10:00

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
We were going to go and try to set up ambush on the 4x3 and his clan. When we got there we stopped to glass and check to make sure the coast was clear and they were already right where we wanted to set up.
We'll try that again tomorrow evening. Since it was a bust we decided to glass up the next basin over. We've seen only young bucks over here as well. There is one 4x4 that's probably a 160" but he's two miles away as the crow flies. I wish there was a lot more action for you guys but we're just not seeing much. It's gonna light up soon though cause every year it's pretty good in here

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Sorry about no updates but I left my phone on the solar charger this morning. I was in my spot up on the peak this morning and only a small fork and big fork came by. They new something wasn't right and left. A little while after they left I crept over the rock I was hidden behind and stood to glass. Up above me at about 75 yards a nice 4 point about 24" wide with what looked like a couple stickers coming out, busted on me! I was set up in the wrong spot. At least the really big boy wasn't in there. NOW I know exactly where to set up each morning.
After that debacle, I started glassing the other side of the basin. At first I only spotted two forks hoping that the big 4 would step out. He hasn't been seen since the hike in. I started glassing a couple other bedding spots that I know of and I located a decent 4x3 but not very wide so I told Gabe about him and he's going after him right now. The buck is in position for a perfect stalk. I hope he gets it done.
I'll be able to watch it all go down from camp which is about a mile or less away. I'll keep you updated

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
It's been a weird year in this basin. I haven't seen any does, and there's always a handful in here, plus no mountain goats either. I always see goats. My usual spot for deer to be feeding every morning haven't been here. Maybe all the funk we smell like scared them all away

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Gabe is funny. He's scared walking across boulders on steep slopes. It's gonna take him awhile. He's also unsure of landmarks. I went over the whole path for a stalk about five times. Haha and he's already texting me where to go

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Gabe is funny. He's scared walking across boulders on steep slopes. It's gonna take him awhile. He's also unsure of landmarks. I went over the whole path for a stalk about five times hahaha