2015 NV mule deer hunt w/ Jimmy (slim Jim)

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Sorry guys but phone almost died. I should've kept the charger with me. Data kills the battery on extended service.
Sorry no good news. The buck slipped out. He made a perfect stalk but he wasn't there. When we came down from the peak he must of moved. There was no way to tell once we were down because he was bedded on the backside of a tree. Sun must of hit him and he moved. We thought that worst case scenario if he did get up and move from the sun he would be on the other side of the tree or right next to it.
That's hunting. He's a little bummed
I should've stayed on the other side of the basin and kept an eye on him but I didn't have my phone anyway. The charger STAYS with me for now on.
Back to the same game plan.
Persistence prevails

CaseyU

WKR
Can't get any closer! Next one is a dirt nap. I can't believe Travis took the time to put all those clocks on in order! Haha suspense! I love it

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
You've got to be f--n kidding me!
The rancher and his dogs are about a 1/2 mile away from where I'm set up at the peak. He's pushing the sheep into the basin we've been hunting. Talk about luck

Shrek

WKR
I think the lack of big deer might be related to all the sheep being moved around you. Have you ever had them in there like this before ? Hope they push a deer to you.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Nothing showed up but the sheep pushed the 4x3 and his clan below past me at 200 yards on private property. On the backside of the peak its ranchers property to the ridge line.
I glassed the other side of the basin and turned up nothing. I just got back to camp and asked Gabe if he had seen anything and all he saw was a couple young bucks being chased by a coyote! Not a good year. Kinda disappointed cause I'm really focused on getting a big muley

Keep glassing something will move in soon enough that will spark the arrows to fly!

Do you know the rancher who owns the property last name? I got a good buddy that knows a bunch of the ranchers up there and might be able to make a call for you....?