2019 Sheep "meatpole"

as.ks.ak

WKR
DCUA Ram from yesterday. Hunted 8 days and had the best sheep hunt I could ever have imagined. We saw more rams, and big rams, then I could have asked for... Crazy what country a pair of boots can get you into.
View attachment 119545
Awesome photos everyone, congrats to you all.

Smoker!! Congrats Nick! Stud of a ram. Super jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leoni1

FNG
Alberta bighorn on a resident OTC tag. Finally got one, after 7 years of trying!

One huge day of hiking in, two days of painful hiking out. Memories that will last a lifetime. There really is nothing quite like sheep hunting.

32” x 15”

fd4408095c8a4d9a6d79dd133520e931.jpg

Alberta bighorn on a resident OTC tag. Finally got one, after 7 years of trying!

One huge day of hiking in, two days of painful hiking out. Memories that will last a lifetime. There really is nothing quite like sheep hunting.

32” x 15”

fd4408095c8a4d9a6d79dd133520e931.jpg

That is an awesome photo and greater memory making opportunity! Congratulations!!

DuckDogDr

WKR
@Felix40
That is awesome. I'm a stick bow shooter myself. Rarely see a ram harvested with that equipment. I would love to hear more about the hunt

bradb

WKR
first pic I've ever seen with trees in the area. And that Ram is a beautiful.

Glassed one way way low in cliffs and the guide new of others way over in that area. We found a flared ram before we got to this spot and as we were moving in the ram I shot jumped up by us and ran taking flared ram down into this low cliff area. Ended up moving in and decided to shoot which ever of the 2 stood first(did see another ram a little bit lower cliff) Shot him 9 crows miles from the horses, spent night in the clifffs eating sheep. Pack out took 13.5 hours(I was not in good enough shape and knee sucked) From time leaving horses tell back was 38 hours. Wore the pink shirt for my girl friend that had breast cancer surgery when I was gone(all good)

Glassed one way way low in cliffs and the guide new of others way over in that area. We found a flared ram before we got to this spot and as we were moving in the ram I shot jumped up by us and ran taking flared ram down into this low cliff area. Ended up moving in and decided to shoot which ever of the 2 stood first(did see another ram a little bit lower cliff) Shot him 9 crows miles from the horses, spent night in the clifffs eating sheep. Pack out took 13.5 hours(I was not in good enough shape and knee sucked) From time leaving horses tell back was 38 hours. Wore the pink shirt for my girl friend that had breast cancer surgery when I was gone(all good)

Prayers for y'all. Lost my first wife to breast cancer. So know what your dealing with.