2020 Alberta or Saskatchewan whitetail recommendations

TMA805

FNG
Another nod for Dean Partridge (@whitetaildean), Canadian Whitetail Outfitters. I hunted his Meadow Lake camp in November & shot a nice buck.

OP
163bc

163bc

FNG
To the OP, did you ever end up going on a hunt?
No I did not get to hunt Canada in 20 or 21. Covid had things so screwed up I pushed it back. I'm actively looking to do it in 2022 and am hoping to have something nailed down in couple weeks. Getting the dates squared away if the big issue now. Outfitters waiting to see what past clients will rebook and what dates are open.

1Arrow

FNG
Following this as it is on my bucket list of hunts. I'm also following Brad Fry.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Just wired my money today for my annual Northeast Alberta whitetail hunt. Hopefully this hard winter won’t be crazy bad on the deer this year. Been very cold with crust covered snow which is no bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I think Saskatchewan is way overrated to compared Northeast Alberta. Cold Lake, Athabasca, Lac La Biche, and all along the Saskatchewan River to the border is very good for whitetail. I’ve found the area is very important but find the right outfitter that has the right balance of thousands of acres of private land with low numbers of hunters is key. I like outfitters that also run cameras so you have a decent idea of what is coming into areas you will be hunting. I know some outfitters that don’t have a website that are booked up Year after year because they don’t need to advertise because they are that good.

MrRogers

FNG
Anyone ever hunted with Wizard Lake Outfitting? I've heard good things about them as well.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever hunted with Wizard Lake Outfitting? I've heard good things about them as well.

That ground that Wizard Lake has allocations for is great because it’s the Bow only zone near Edmonton. He has a great system for tree stand hunting which no outfitters do up there because the cold causes so many problems for tree stands.

Klbeeks

FNG
I think Saskatchewan is way overrated to compared Northeast Alberta. Cold Lake, Athabasca, Lac La Biche, and all along the Saskatchewan River to the border is very good for whitetail. I’ve found the area is very important but find the right outfitter that has the right balance of thousands of acres of private land with low numbers of hunters is key. I like outfitters that also run cameras so you have a decent idea of what is coming into areas you will be hunting. I know some outfitters that don’t have a website that are booked up Year after year because they don’t need to advertise because they are that good.

Would you care to drop a few names?

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider

This is the area I hunt and have hunted for a long time (+/-15yrs)
There are some good deer to be killed in this area, but living in this area and hunting it a lot I think the Goodsoil, Dorintosh, Meadow Lake area is better IMHO.