2021 Best Bull Elk Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My brother and I went on first elk hunt ever in the Bob with Montana Safaris during early rifle bugle season. I was blessed to take this dinosaur bull on day 3 of the hunt (9/17) after Colter called him in with strategic bugles from a cut out Gatorade bottle (forgot tube in camp). It was an incredible experience in the wilderness and taking my first bull was icing on the cake.

Wow! If we had a heavy category, he’d win it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
I am not real big on the pack out photos but since the only harvest pics I got are terrible I figured I’d share this one. 2021 OTC Idaho bull, after getting my ass handed to me on my deer hunt for 18 days it sure felt good when it all came together on only day 2 and my last day to chasing elk around the mountain. Thanks to some awesome buddies who came and saved me on the packout! God is good!B3124E71-B4E1-4E65-AEBE-F3504201FA6A.jpeg

Last edited:

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not real big on the pack out photos but since the only harvest pics I got are terrible I figured I’d share this one. 2021 OTC Idaho bull, after getting my ass handed to me on my deer hunt for 18 days it sure felt good when it all came together on only day 2 and my last day of chasing elk around the mountain. Thanks to some awesome buddies who came and saved me on the packout! God is good!View attachment 331598
Very nice bull Juan. Way to get it done.

Randy

My brother and I went on first elk hunt ever in the Bob with Montana Safaris during early rifle bugle season. I was blessed to take this dinosaur bull on day 3 of the hunt (9/17) after Colter called him in with strategic bugles from a cut out Gatorade bottle (forgot tube in camp). It was an incredible experience in the wilderness and taking my first bull was icing on the cake.
Great bull! Dinosaur is a great description.

Kvan-mt

FNG
70D37502-07F5-45A7-8401-BDAECBC580DF.jpegFirst archery bull. It was nice to finally connect after having several close calls over the first 6 days.
This bull was screaming his head off all morning. He was held up in the timber about 60 yards away for about 5 minutes. Finally, one of his cows fed passed me and he followed . He literally fell into my lap, 9 yard shot while he was bugling.

Last edited:

wweaver

FNG
My second archery bull. Older bull, had a big palm like a small moose paddle on the right side, 320/330 type bull. This photo is something different, hope you fellow roksliders like it. Low key shout out to Iron Will.

Attachments

• 1C2D230B-1E7B-47FD-B318-4E57299D4A14.jpeg
    1C2D230B-1E7B-47FD-B318-4E57299D4A14.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 299

bigshot

FNG
My 2021 Utah Muzzleloader bull, saw lots of 6 points, settled for this big and heavy 5! A 400 yard shot across the canyon put him down quick. It was the loudest "whack" I'd ever heard. Love my CVA Paramount Pro .45! The ride in and out was just as fun. Horses broke brush to the kill site then down the steep side hill loaded down with elk. Had a blast.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 239
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Not to be a Debbie downer but the rules say only 1 photo for the contest. I did the same thing and the Moderator made me take down my pics and choose one. Nice bull by the way.

I sent him the same message. Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I completely deleted my entry.
Thank you for the clarification.

Thanks, make sure you get it re-entered. We don’t want to run you off, we just got a run a clean contest where we can keep track of everything. Thank you! And feel free to start another thread in the elk forum, that’s a pretty incredible hunt

ElkAB1212

FNG
611c8eed4fa64ce8a50e944bcff6bbeb.jpg

Not your typical picture but my 2021 elk, killed him in his bedroom after a long and brutal September. As you can see his bedroom was quite cluttered.

Great to see the creativity and awesome bulls on this thread, thoroughly enjoyable boys

Status
Not open for further replies.