2021 Best Whitetail Photo Contest, sponsored by First Lite

Iowa 9 pointer
3605b34945fff36e7b0ba6294a58900e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Opening day Black Hills. Watched him chase a few does around for about 30 minutes before presenting a shot. The day started out with freezing fog/rain and ended with an incredible sunset.
2f40857e38d845424c63c80b87b2f9f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
That's a cool rifle. Details?
This was a primitive weapon season - longbow, recurve, flintlock, or sidelock muzzleloader. I used a 54 cal Thompson Center Renegade. I had one just like it a long time ago but eventually sold it to my brother. I picked this one up at an auction a few years ago but didn’t shoot it (or buy bullets) until just before this hunt. I soon learned that 54 cal projectiles were more difficult to find than they used to be. I ended up using round balls, which worked fine.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
This was a primitive weapon season - longbow, recurve, flintlock, or sidelock muzzleloader. I used a 54 cal Thompson Center Renegade. I had one just like it a long time ago but eventually sold it to my brother. I picked this one up at an auction a few years ago but didn’t shoot it (or buy bullets) until just before this hunt. I soon learned that 54 cal projectiles were more difficult to find than they used to be. I ended up using round balls, which worked fine.
Nice work man. It's great to see the hawken getting some love! I have my dads old renegade sitting in my gun safe that he used this fall for muzzleloader elk. They sure are beautiful guns that you don't see around too often. It's a damn shame that TC stopped making them.

Nice work man. It's great to see the hawken getting some love! I have my dads old renegade sitting in my gun safe that he used this fall for muzzleloader elk. They sure are beautiful guns that you don't see around too often. It's a damn shame that TC stopped making them.
I have both my dad's and my grandpa's. My grandpa's has taken over 50 whitetail. An alligator, elk, muskox, Buffalo, caribou, mnt. Lion and even a coyote or two. I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
I first learned of this buck in the summer while glassing a tucked away brushy field, and I spent the entire season narrowing in on him. Smartest oldest buck I've ever chased. A cold November morning and love in the air finally resulted in him making his final mistake. I estimate over 45 days spent either scouting or hunting for this brute of a WV buck. It was a great chess match, and even though I'm sad it's over, I'm darn sure glad I won.
Zeus.jpg

TheCougar

WKR
I first learned of this buck in the summer while glassing a tucked away brushy field, and I spent the entire season narrowing in on him. Smartest oldest buck I've ever chased. A cold November morning and love in the air finally resulted in him making his final mistake. I estimate over 45 days spent either scouting or hunting for this brute of a WV buck. It was a great chess match, and even though I'm sad it's over, I'm darn sure glad I won.
View attachment 345467
That’s a fantastic picture and buck.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
My best archery deer to date. I took 2 weeks of vacation during what I hoped would be the prime of the rut. Well on the first morning of my vacation this guy came cruising by at 19 yds at 7:30 am. He came through some super thick brush and I hardly had anytime to look at him but it didn’t take long long to make up my mind. NW Missouri buck down. The best part of it all is my dad was there with me too help me recover and load him up. So thankful for those moments with my dad. FFB2258A-01C8-4330-9D68-6E74D4858DA2.jpeg

Finch

WKR
Here is my 2nd entry. My hunting buddy texted me saying he saw a huge buck headed in my general vicinity. I hit the horns together pretty hard for a few minutes and started scanning. He came out of a thicket looking for the fight. I stopped him as he was walking at 75 yards and squeezed off the shot. He didn't make it 30 yards before piling up. This was my target buck ever since getting pics of him mid October. Pretty elated!

20211111_095248-01.jpeg

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
First South Dakota whitetail. Saw him bed in reeds only 50 yards from the road, & got within 300 yards, but another hunter's truck was parked literally right behind him, so had to wait for guy to leave... Ended up spooking the buck & came within 20 yards. Was all centered up & discovered my safety was on when I hit the trigger. Luckily, buck turned to look at me again at 300 yds, and THIS time I had him dialed in & finished the job. Doggo waited SO patiently with hubby while all this was going on! He's becoming quite the stalking partner! (No, we do NOT use him to track, he's just along for the miles & adventure). Was a beautiful day!Resized_20211113_102332.jpeg

BAKPAKR

WKR
View attachment 345467
That is a great buck and an awesome photo. Congrats!