2022 / 23 F-250 Tremor Feedback wanted....

Wags

WKR
I'm in the market for a new truck. My RAM 2500 has been issues and I am getting away from it before the warranty runs out. My truck is not my daily driver, I only use it for truck stuff. I need a 3/4 ton for towing and make the trip from CA to WY/CO several times a year. I'm not interested in another RAM and the GMC is more than I am interested in paying (not that any of them are cheap). I've been eyeing the F-250 6.7 Tremor as the #1 option so far but before I make a decision I wanted to get some feedback from those of you who own them.

Any information is appreciated.

Bearsears

WKR
All the emissions stuff is killing these trucks. I honestly havent seen any of them that dont have issues because of emissions. That said, the two most reliable would be a Cummins and the Power Stroke. Maintenance is King with these things. Run a quality fuel additive every tank, Change oil way earlier than recommended and use quality filters for everything. Ive had two Cummins and not many issues with either. My current one is a 17 and I havent had any problems yet, but ive slowly been doing some upgrades. The tremor is a pretty sweet package especially for hunting.

CCooper

WKR
I've got a 21' F-250 Platinum Tremor. What specific info are you looking for? It's been a good truck so far- at 37,000 with just routine services. Fuel mileage is poor, but they are all that way now. If I were to order a new one today, I would forego the Tremor package personally. I have upgraded most of the Tremor specific items to aftermarket anyhow.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
If Wyoming/Colorado elevation were going to be an important part of the agenda, I'd be looking at a diesel....you're going to want forced induction at that altitude.
The 6.7 is the diesel.

To the OP, I have no experience with the Tremor, but I have 80k problem-free miles on my 2018 F350 with the 6.7, and I am a big fan of the truck overall. Almost all the miles are hauling a truck bed camper while towing a trailer behind or hauling heavy equipment.

golfbum

WKR
In my research a 4th gen ram diesel is about as reliable as they come these days (not saying they are reliable 🤦‍♂️).

If you need a diesel plan on having some headaches along the way.

I have a 16 ram 2500 with 87k (no issues) and really wish I could find the right gas 3/4 ton for a 8k camper trailer that I only pull a few times a year.

I don’t daily drive the diesel.

I would love to find a nice 6.2 f250 or 6.4 hemi that I could swap my diesel for without taking on a payment….

I own a 2021 Ford F250 Tremor. Ordered and customized to my liking. What questions do you have?

Also, Fordtremor.com has a huge following and an abundance of information from owners. You’d be hard pressed to not find any answer to questions you might have regarding them.

Go F350 - they are mechanically the same but you’ll get higher payload numbers so you’re covered “just in case”.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
I've got a 21' F-250 Platinum Tremor. What specific info are you looking for? It's been a good truck so far- at 37,000 with just routine services. Fuel mileage is poor, but they are all that way now. If I were to order a new one today, I would forego the Tremor package personally. I have upgraded most of the Tremor specific items to aftermarket anyhow.

I was curious about that as well, I plan on Upgrading most of those parts (Suspension) down the line as well. Do you feel the added "Modes" make a difference when Off Road?

I could be wrong but I believe the Tremor is the only package that offers a Limited Slip Front Dif as well. Which can come in handy given some of the conditions it'll be in. However, I'm sure I could add it after market and still probably be a little money ahead....

SDHNTR

WKR
The recent Ford’s over the last 2-3 years are fraught with problems, and I’m a life long Ford guy. This is not an opinion, look it up. Ford dominates warranty claims of all US auto manufacturers. #2 is Tesla and they aren’t even close. Quality has been a serious recent issue at Ford, sadly. Don’t jump out of the frying pan and into the fire!

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
In my research a 4th gen ram diesel is about as reliable as they come these days (not saying they are reliable 🤦‍♂️).

I have a 16 ram 2500 with 87k (no issues) and really wish I could find the right gas 3/4 ton for a 8k camper trailer that I only pull a few times a year.

I would love to find a nice 6.2 f250 or 6.4 hemi that I could swap my diesel for without taking on a payment….

My Ram is a 2019 with 50K on it. I've had a rear main seal leak, multiple trips in to fix the transmission linkage, high volume fuel pump, 4WD refusing to disengage & power delivery is absolute trash (Banks Pedal Commander helped a little here).

I take really good care of my vehicles mechanically and while I've not had a major failure It's starting to nickel and dime me and I want to get out from under it before the warranty is up.

CCooper

WKR
I was curious about that as well, I plan on Upgrading most of those parts (Suspension) down the line as well. Do you feel the added "Modes" make a difference when Off Road?

I could be wrong but I believe the Tremor is the only package that offers a Limited Slip Front Dif as well. Which can come in handy given some of the conditions it'll be in. However, I'm sure I could add it after market and still probably be a little money ahead....
I've owned 8 different Superduty's over the years and never felt like I needed limited slip up front. In the snow I've had it in so far, it didn't handle any different than the others. I've honestly never had it in any other mode than normal or tow. I'm still on the fence if I like the 10-speed transmission, it just "different". First gear is very low, even with 37" tires.
My SxS and four-wheeler are for the bad stuff- the truck just gets them to the parking area or camp typically.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
I own a 2021 Ford F250 Tremor. Ordered and customized to my liking. What questions do you have?

Also, Fordtremor.com has a huge following and an abundance of information from owners. You’d be hard pressed to not find any answer to questions you might have regarding them.

Thank you, I'll get on there and give it a look.

Do you feel that the Tremor model (Modes) are worth the additional cost? Do you use them often when off road?

The 6.7 is the diesel.

To the OP, I have no experience with the Tremor, but I have 80k problem-free miles on my 2018 F350 with the 6.7, and I am a big fan of the truck overall. Almost all the miles are hauling a truck bed camper while towing a trailer behind or hauling heavy equipment.
Thanks, Justin.
I don't know why but I read the OP as wanting the 7.3 gasser.

Ram power wagon

Thank you, I'll get on there and give it a look.

Do you feel that the Tremor model (Modes) are worth the additional cost? Do you use them often when off road?
So, I live in far West Texas. It rarely rains, so no, I have not used many of the extra modes before. When I ordered my truck there was a Tremor rebate so it was almost a wash cost wise of getting the tremor vs not getting the Tremor.

Besides the almost neutral cost, I prefer the 18” wheels, ability to have the limited slip dif up front, additional driving modes though I haven’t used them much, and the warn winch in the factory bumper. The truck simply looks great straight from the factory all covered by warranty.

Do you need the extra modes or limited slip, that’s for you to decide. I am certain if I lived in the mountains or were off-road more often than I do it would be nice to have all of that. The winch in the factory bumper is nice, but it’s no where near as powerful as other winches you can buy. Warn kind of dumbed this one down in power and size so it would fit. An after market bumper and a bigger winch would be a better setup.

You can always buy wheels and tires so that’s a wash. The shocks are typical rancho garbage and will be replaced no matter the trim package you get.

The Tremor package does eat away at payload so be sure to know how much it’s eating up compared to how much you carry. This could be a reason to jump up to the F350.

I love the 10 speed transmission. I have not had any issues with it. It gets better mileage than my prior transmission and makes towing a joy.

When it all comes down to it, driving modes, limited slip dif, 18” wheels, off-road tires, option for a bumper installed winch and some aesthetic add ones are what you are paying for. The only thing you can’t do after market or would be complicated or costly would be the additional driver modes and the limited slip front dif.

I would absolutely order the same truck again but without possibly the winch and instead opt for an aftermarket front bumper and bigger winch. But I do like my trcuk. I have owned 5 superduties and the Tremor by far is my favorite.

Bearsears

WKR
My Ram is a 2019 with 50K on it. I've had a rear main seal leak, multiple trips in to fix the transmission linkage, high volume fuel pump, 4WD refusing to disengage & power delivery is absolute trash (Banks Pedal Commander helped a little here).

I take really good care of my vehicles mechanically and while I've not had a major failure It's starting to nickel and dime me and I want to get out from under it before the warranty is up.
I mean this in the most humble way possible and I am in no way attacking you but you bought the first model year of the 5th gen ram. Usually they are the worst of any years in a generation as the manufacturer uses the consumer to do their final QC unfortunately (all the brands do this). That year came with major changes. Your high pressure fuel pump was a cp4 which didn't work out so they recalled it back to the tried and true cp3, The interior and body had some big changes thus the switch gear issues, and the engine is a new design using compacted graphite block, new crank, cam, new valve train design etc. I think the sweet spot for more current Rams is 16-18's and maybe 21's. I struggle to recommend anything from any brand 2020 on because all of them are dealing with supply chain issues, metal sourcing issues, and serious labor issues. There are now a lot of unskilled people building trucks now.

Billinsd

WKR
What package would you recommend?

I have a 21 F250 Temor 7.3...Its been to WY a few times and NM...no issues...Biggest issue I had was the small tank..swapped out the factory for 58 gallon...got the offroad range I needed for an off road truck. Feel free to PM me with any questions.