Cooper tires

golfbum

WKR
Need a new set of tires for a 2016 ram 2500 Cummins.

Looking at a few different tires:

Cooper At3 XLT

Cooper rugged trek

Nitto ridge grapplers (currently what I have and have been pretty good)

Truck is used as a hunting truck and to tow a travel trailer a few times a year. Not a daily driver any longer.

Really wanted the stt pro’s but they weigh a lot!

Size is 35x12.5 r20

Getting ready to buy a set of those AT3 XLT's myself. They ck all the boxes for me in my size.

MikeyJG62

FNG
I agree with Rob5589. The Toyo Open Country AT3’s are the best all around tire I’ve used. Look good, not noisy, handle off road well.

EdP

WKR
I've got a 2007 Ram 2500 and got 85K from a set of Michelins. Replaced them earlier than I had to due to a planned trip to Idaho. No way am I going with a tire other than a Michelin on my Ram.

NB7

WKR
I'm scheduled next week to get a set of Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxxs in 35x12.5x20.
If you're still debating choices, in a few weeks I can let you know what I think of those anyway.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
I'm scheduled next week to get a set of Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxxs in 35x12.5x20.
If you're still debating choices, in a few weeks I can let you know what I think of those anyway.
That would be awesome. I’m in no hurry but need them before June/July

Reactions: NB7

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
Slightly different application but I have the Cooper AT3 4S's on my '20 Suburban. They perform excellent in year round conditions, hardly any road noise and the tread pattern didn't destroy my gas mileage (got 19mpg round trip from PA to ID).

Attachments

• IMAG4545.jpg
    IMAG4545.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 57
As others have mentioned Toyo AT3’s have been awesome for my pickup the last couple years.

GWHunter

FNG
Had Cooper AT3's on my last truck after a set of BFG KO2's and loved them. When it's time for new tires on my current truck that what I will put on.

JFK

WKR
I just put a new set of cooper rugged treks on my tundra. They are a really nice tire and compare well to the bfg’s that I was running before I got the coopers.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
I put 55,000 miles on a set of cooper at3’s. Great all around tire, but the edge goes to highway use with those.
I switched to toyo at3’s recently and I’d say the edge goes to off-road with these.

I put the Toyo’s through a 2k mile road trip through southern Utah this winter and they handled it all. Snow, ice, rain, mud, sand, gravel, rock. Both on and off-road.
I put about 2-300 miles of that trip off-road.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just a caution on STT’s

Be prepared for excessive wear FAST. Yes, they look badass, but are noisy as hell, rough riding and most importantly don’t last at all. My favorite “looking” tire, but biggest regret and expensive tire.

I now use General ATX and can’t say enough of how well they ride and last. And they still have a good aggressive look to them

ToolMann

WKR
Had the AT3s on my 17 Ram 2500. Switched to Falken Wildpeaks last time I bought tires. I like them a little better, but both are decent. The Falkens seem a bit better in the snow for me. Will probably stick with the Falkens when I am in for my every other year tire buying adventure. This truck eats em quick.

I have the cooper AT3’s on several of our ranch trucks and they are pretty good tires. They do well in mud, snow, and sharp rock. We get about 20k worth of wear out of a set, but we really put them through their paces.

92xj

WKR
Got a whopping 24k out of Toyo at2 before they were below 3/32 and chunking 2” diameter circles. Les Schwab prorated my next set of tires 50% off so I went with their in-house at tire, I give them a meh. I will be going to coopers next. I will admit I am stupid hard on tires and abuse them and my truck crew cab dodge 2500 diesel. I averaged 26k miles a year the last 3 years and 60% is gravel and towing 8k. I don’t expect the 50/60k miles these tires warranty have but I do expect more than 24k and chunks of rubber flying off. I’ll never own Toyos again. I also find it hard to shop anywhere besides les Schwab because the three shops I’ve visited have all be phenomenal in customer service. But I’ll be heading to discount tire for the coolers within 6 months. Just some random internet guys experience.

crs

FNG
Need a new set of tires for a 2016 ram 2500 Cummins.

Looking at a few different tires:

Cooper At3 XLT

Cooper rugged trek

Nitto ridge grapplers (currently what I have and have been pretty good)

Truck is used as a hunting truck and to tow a travel trailer a few times a year. Not a daily driver any longer.

Really wanted the stt pro’s but they weigh a lot!

Size is 35x12.5 r20

Had some at3s. They were decent tires and good on the road.

Sapcut

WKR
You might want to take a look at the Mastercraft Courser AXT 2. They are made by Cooper. I have two sets on my Land Cruisers. They have been exceptional tires for me at a significant price decrease.