2023 Colorado Secondary Draw Results

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
That’s not a Leftover. That’s a Reissue.
Wasn’t talking about a leftover and neither was the post I was replying to. He was obviously talking about tags that were drawn, turned back in, youth getting them and how it wasn’t fair that they don’t go to the next guy in line that actually applied for said tag in primary draw.

cnelk

WKR
Wasn’t talking about a leftover and neither was the post I was replying to. He was obviously talking about tags that were drawn, turned back in, youth getting them and how it wasn’t fair that they don’t go to the next guy in line that actually applied for said tag in primary draw.

This whole thread is about the Secondary Draw, which are leftover’s from the Primary Draw.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
This whole thread is about the Secondary Draw, which are leftover’s from the Primary Draw.
Yeah it’s about the secondary draw. But a 67 deer muzzy or 22 deer 3rd is not a leftover tag and both were on the list. Those are tags that were drawn in the primary, turned back in or not paid for. There wasn’t any that were “leftover” after the 1st draw.

A leftover is a tag that didn’t meet application quota during the first draw and had leftovers. Usually a sh!t tag.

svivian

WKR
Actually they do call the next guy in line.... I was one of those lucky fellows who now has a tag that took me 10 years to draw...

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Actually they do call the next guy in line.... I was one of those lucky fellows who now has a tag that took me 10 years to draw...
I know they call the next guy in line(up to 5 people will get a call)if the tag takes 5 residents points or more to draw! Go see my post #80.

I don’t think it’s a scam at all. They publish plenty of data that shows past draw results which if someone does their research they would clearly see whether or not they have a chance at a tag. People willingly send their money in either by their own ignorance to the data or with wishful thinking the data is somehow going to change for them giving them a chance at a tag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I guess I’m just confused how they have so many tags on the secondary list. They can’t be leftovers from the 1st draw?

Are they tags set aside
On purpose just for the 2nd draw or what?

Azone

WKR
Go back to money up front to keep the tire kickers out of it.
Double digit number of tags in the secondary draw for a unit I applied for, don’t apply for stuff your not gonna buy. Have a penalty and/or fee if you turn the tag in.

KsRancher

WKR
I guess I’m just confused how they have so many tags on the secondary list. They can’t be leftovers from the 1st draw?

Are they tags set aside
On purpose just for the 2nd draw or what?
There are also return and nonpayment tags on the list. The majority of the tags on the list where there were only a few tags for a hunt code were returns or nonpayment. The quota for the hunt code was met during the primary draw. None are set aside.

There are also return and nonpayment tags on the list. The majority of the tags on the list where there were only a few tags for a hunt code were returns or nonpayment. The quota for the hunt code was met during the primary draw. None are set aside.
Gotcha. That makes sense. I thought the non paid tags went on the reissue list and not the 2nd draw

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Wrong.
I know exactly what tag he drew. It was a true leftover.

Rusty (KSRancher) and I text often.
Maybe you should text KSRancher and tell him his son could have just put it as a 2nd choice or 3rd choice in the primary draw. Could've avoided the leftover draw all together, since it was a "true leftover."

KsRancher

WKR
Wrong.
I know exactly what tag he drew. It was a true leftover.

Rusty (KSRancher) and I text often.
Yep. He knows exactly what tag my son has. And my dad picked up a nice tag out of the secondary draw also

ToolMann

WKR
Serious question for those in the "kids should get full preference in the 2nd draw because we need more kids out hunting" camp. Why not then, give them full preference in the initial draw? Let them draw first, then us adults get our own draw after the kids have grabbed up whatever they want? Or, are we only cool with giving them preference on what is, let's be honest, a few good tags from reissue and a bunch of tags nobody wanted to spend points on. I'm not being facetious either, seriously wondering what people think.

I have drawn in the 2nd draw. Albeit a tag that isn't "special" by any means. What really gets me, and others by reading this thread, is when I miss out on a first choice that would have taken my points and then it shows back up on the 2nd draw. I understand the process and rules, but it is still annoying.

What we could do if we want youth preference in the second draw is run the youth 1st choices through. Then adult first choices. If any left, youth 2nd choice, adult 2nd choice, and so on.

sndmn11

WKR
Serious question for those in the "kids should get full preference in the 2nd draw because we need more kids out hunting" camp. Why not then, give them full preference in the initial draw? Let them draw first, then us adults get our own draw after the kids have grabbed up whatever they want? Or, are we only cool with giving them preference on what is, let's be honest, a few good tags from reissue and a bunch of tags nobody wanted to spend points on. I'm not being facetious either, seriously wondering what people think.

I have drawn in the 2nd draw. Albeit a tag that isn't "special" by any means. What really gets me, and others by reading this thread, is when I miss out on a first choice that would have taken my points and then it shows back up on the 2nd draw. I understand the process and rules, but it is still annoying.

What we could do if we want youth preference in the second draw is run the youth 1st choices through. Then adult first choices. If any left, youth 2nd choice, adult 2nd choice, and so on.

I thought there is allocated youth for each hunt code. An assumption from seeing the youth columns in the results.