23’ Co license recommendations..

Not to hijack the thread, but given these numbers I'm wondering what really happens (or if there's any stats on this) when a former OTC unit goes to draw.

Do the remaining OTC units get more pressured (i.e., people move units but still buy OTC tags) or does the state sell less OTC tags (i.e., folks put in for the draw for their preferred unit)?

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Just my luck that my unit gets one of the hardest cuts for deer. You wouldn't think that would be the case with how many does are running around.

UncleBone

WKR
Just my luck that my unit gets one of the hardest cuts for deer. You wouldn't think that would be the case with how many does are running around.
The unit I put in for was a 0pp unit with a 90%+ chance, cut it almost 50% this year. Between that and the amount of archery elk tags they are putting out for Grand Mesa, I am just gonna try and get lucky on the leftover list.

OP
ColoradoV

ColoradoV

WKR
12% overall reduction in licenses is interesting.

Yea the Grand Mesa elk number is high but still better than otc..

UncleBone

WKR
Not to hijack the thread, but given these numbers I'm wondering what really happens (or if there's any stats on this) when a former OTC unit goes to draw.

Do the remaining OTC units get more pressured (i.e., people move units but still buy OTC tags) or does the state sell less OTC tags (i.e., folks put in for the draw for their preferred unit)?

The 22 harvest report showed there were about 3000 to 3500 (i didnt do the exact math) archery hunters in those units. So they basically didn't limit tags there at all, just put that many in the draw, and lowered ML tags.

UncleBone

WKR

The 22 harvest report showed there were about 3000 to 3500 (i didnt do the exact math) archery hunters in those units. So they basically didn't limit tags there at all, just put that many in the draw, and lowered ML tags. Its

intunegp

WKR
Maybe I'm just getting hung up on terminology, but can someone explain the implications of this? Is this just a report from CPW biologists to CPW license allocation folks based upon herd sizes, winter kill, population targets, etc. on what they think should happen?

I guess what I really want to know is this...Is anything set in stone by this report, or is there a chance someone gets money hungry and issues more tags?

The 22 harvest report showed there were about 3000 to 3500 (i didnt do the exact math) archery hunters in those units. So they basically didn't limit tags there at all, just put that many in the draw, and lowered ML tags. Its
There were 4,791 in those units in 22. 3,450 tags is a 28% decrease

UncleBone

WKR
Yeah, agree on that.
think i missed 521 when i did the original head math. but 3500 tags is over 2x as many as they give for dau 6, which has way more elk. Seems like they just made it a draw as an optical illusion haha.

UncleBone

WKR
The fact that this comes out after we have to submit our applications and cannot alter them is ridiculous.
Absolutely. They expect us to go by the previous year, but if theyre gonna drop units 48, 50, 63% they should allow people to change their choice.

I called 3 times in march trying to find out what the archery allocation would be in grand Mesa. They couldn't answer, and based on the number they're actually recommending I would love to be able to change my first and second choices.