300 wsm build help

I'm looking to pick up a custom/semi-custom 300 wsm in the near future. I've spent hours upon hours researching options and if anything I'm getting more confused. I'm not a gun guru by any means, but I'm looking for a high quality rifle with the following specs:

-300 wsm (not interested in debating other calibers)
-McMillan or Manners stock (open to similar options)
-Timney trigger
-Removable magazine
-Removable brake
-In the neighborhood of 7 lbs
-All in for max $3000 (less would be great if possible)
-1/2 moa guarantee

I keep coming back to what I think are classified as semi-custom rifles, such as HS Precision, Bergara and Hill Country rifles. Not that there is anything wrong with these at all, but I inevitably read threads where guys chime in that you can get a full custom for far less coin. I'm considering Snowy mountain, spartan, and red hawk rifles as well.

Bottom line, can anyone point me in the right direction for what I'm looking for? I would prefer less than a 6 month wait time.

idig4au

WKR
Do you have a donor action? What barrel manufacturer are you considering?

I don't think you can get a full custom, new off the shelf for less than $3k with the standards you want to achieve. By this I mean a custom action, barrel and etc plus gunsmith labor. A top shelf custom action will cost you anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 your budget alone. The going rate for a full custom is $5k+ generally speaking for the top builders like Bettin, WcWhorter, Borden and etc.

Maybe start with a good, off the shelf factory rifle that has good bones and then spend some additional money "customizing" it to suit your needs. People continue to state that Tikka's T3's shoot the lights out. Maybe a good place to start.

hunting1

WKR
I would get a Kimber Montana and have the barrel threaded and your done. Do not listen to all the stories on the internet, they are a great rifle, control fed, solid performer. No removable mag, but small concession. Just my $.02

dotman

WKR
I have the Kimber Classic 300wsm and it is a very accurate and reliable gun.

OP
S
Do you have a donor action? What barrel manufacturer are you considering?

I don't think you can get a full custom, new off the shelf for less than $3k with the standards you want to achieve. By this I mean a custom action, barrel and etc plus gunsmith labor. A top shelf custom action will cost you anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 your budget alone. The going rate for a full custom is $5k+ generally speaking for the top builders like Bettin, WcWhorter, Borden and etc.

Maybe start with a good, off the shelf factory rifle that has good bones and then spend some additional money "customizing" it to suit your needs. People continue to state that Tikka's T3's shoot the lights out. Maybe a good place to start.

No donor action, and I'm not set on a particular barrel. I was sure I could get what I was looking for at around $3k, but perhaps not? The horizon firearms semi-custom option for $2750 looks promising and meets all my specs. Just not sure if I could get a similar build from a different builder if I scrape together the parts?