6.5 PRC brass availability?

MHWASH

WKR
I’ve already decided that my next rifle will be a 6.5 PRC. I’ve waiting for brass to become more available before taking the plunge. Are you guys seeing any new brass out there yet?

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
In a span of two months I acquired 200 Lapua cases for the PRC . ADG is supposed to be making a run on brass for the 6.5 PRC soon.
I have found the cartridge very easy load for. I will be keeping mine.

I have a stock and barrel ordered for a 6.5.
With the 4 month wait time I hope I can grab some brass by then. I keep thinking there will be a big release of it coming soon.

Unknown Munitions had 6.5 prc, 300 win mag, and 300prc hand loaded ammo with ADG brass earlier this week. Brass usually follows shortly after.

Norma just had loaded rounds come up for just under $2 a round shipped. Got a few, case. I plan to load those until I get 200rds of ADG or Peterson brass.

Take the plunge. I have 2. Very easy to load for and forgiving. Components show up. If you don’t want to wait, have you thought of the 6.5x284? There is always brass availability for it and they are not very ballistically different. Anything with PRC behind it requires waiting.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Well, I just over paid for some Lapua brass. Now I need to decide on a rifle. Rebarrel a Rem 700 .270, use my Tikka 6.5 CM , Tikka 330WSM as a base, or buy new.

Unless you want like an 18-20" barrel might as well just buy a factory 6.5prc Tikka. Because by the time you buy a prefit and the required tools to swap the barrel you are almost basically within a couple hundred of the factory Tikka.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
I will be running this suppressed, that’s the main reason for going away from the 6.5 CM.

Personally I would sell the 270 and CM and build a custom. Impact 737 action, 18" prefit barrel from Straight Jacket Armory, bix n andy tac pro trigger, dbm, and a stock.

Nick from SJA has a 16.5" 6.5prc that he shoots 135gr Atips at 3000fps using RL26. He says it has become his favorite rifle.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Personally I would sell the 270 and CM and build a custom. Impact 737 action, 18" prefit barrel from Straight Jacket Armory, bix n andy tac pro trigger, dbm, and a stock.

Nick from SJA has a 16.5" 6.5prc that he shoots 135gr Atips at 3000fps using RL26. He says it has become his favorite rifle.
That's a good suggestion, but the .270 has sentimental value, so it will stay with me in one form or another. Most likely I'll rechamber the CM. Until I make up my mind on the ideal cartridge, I'm hesitant to go full custom.

Shooter Pro Shop gets Nosler 6.5 PRC brass periodically. Just set it up to notify you when it's in stock.

That's a good suggestion, but the .270 has sentimental value, so it will stay with me in one form or another. Most likely I'll rechamber the CM. Until I make up my mind on the ideal cartridge, I'm hesitant to go full custom.
I would just keep it a 270 as "blueprinting" a m700 action costs about the same as a custom action.

If you are going to rechamber the stock 6.5cm barrel to 6.5prc I would send it to Shaen so he can open the bolt face at the same time.

If you buy a custom action that has replaceable bolt heads you can swap barrels and bolt heads in minutes thus be shooting different calibers/cartridges. Then you don't have to worry about an ideal cartridge.