6.8 Western Brass

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I've read a thread or two suggesting fireforming of 7SAUM brass from ADG in their 6.8 Western, but I'm curious if anybody actually has tried it?

I've got lots of Winchester brass in 6.8W, but it just doesn't feel well made. My Browning headstamp nickel brass is doing the job. According to Peterson and ADG, they don't have any plans to make 6.8W brass.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Petesen told me they plan on 6.8W when I emailed them a month or so ago asking. Also heard the same on a podcast they were on when asked about it. Did not give an ETA though.

Lou

Gila

WKR
Peterson brass is really good stuff. Seems as though 6.8 Western rifles are selling like hot cakes. Most gunsmiths and prefit barrel makers have the reamers now and the go-no-go gauges are for rent. The number of rifles out there increases every day. I would settle for any brass at this point, even Winchester. Thanks for the heads up! Contact forms sent to ADG, ALPHA. I have already contacted Peterson….

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
I sent a mail to ADG the other day and they said get a lot of requests for 6.8W and near top of their next cartridge list. Fingers crossed! Agree for folks to email them and let them know we want it

Lou

nh85

FNG
Agreed, im not a fan of the factory winchester brass. Hopefully something soon

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I emailed Peterson again and they said no plans. Disappointing as not what said in the past but ADG sounded more encouraging than in past when I mailed them per other post.

Lou

jgraff08

FNG
I noticed norma making 7,30 saum and 270,7,30 wsm brass should we be nagging them too? Or has someone tried reforms with norma

gerry35

WKR
I noticed norma making 7,30 saum and 270,7,30 wsm brass should we be nagging them too? Or has someone tried reforms with norma
I actually asked them and they got back to me which is more than some of these companies. They said they would add it to their list of requests so the more that ask the better. I have always had good success with Norma brass and like them a lot.

jgraff08

FNG
I actually asked them and they got back to me which is more than some of these companies. They said they would add it to their list of requests so the more that ask the better. I have always had good success with Norma brass and like them a lot.
I could never get the contact info to work so atta boy lol

gerry35

WKR
@jgraff08

[email protected]

This is the one that worked for me, might have gone to my junk mail so check there.

They said
"We currently do not sell this product but I am more than happy to pass this along as for our next sales meeting. Hopefully one day in the future we can get this for you"

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Add Nosler to the list of companies to email. I just listened to a shot show blog and Nosler introduced 7prc ammo/brass this year. They said they are considering 300 prc and 6.8 Western next. So let them know we are wanting some 6.8W!

Lou

jgraff08

FNG
Add Nosler to the list of companies to email. I just listened to a shot show blog and Nosler introduced 7prc ammo/brass this year. They said they are considering 300 prc and 6.8 Western next. So let them know we are wanting some 6.8W!

Lou
I did i congratulationed them for making wierd shit and asked and never got a reply. They made or make idk how often but both saum and 27 30 wsm so u would think it would be easier for someone like that to make 6.8 then loke starline as example that doesn't. Now that being said they mske 7 mauser and roberts but not 6mm rem so wtf do i know

Gila

WKR
I see over on the Peterson brass thread that the rep has multiple requests from you guys. What sounds encouraging is when the rep replied to Lou that when they get SAAMI specs that it is “game on”. I would just as soon have Peterson Brass. I have Peterson brass for my 284 Win and 6 Creed. It is excellent quality and easy to work with. It is definitely on par with the Lapua brass that I have. I use the same size neck bushing for both. I haven’t had any experience with ADG or Alpha. I do know that quite a few PRS folks like the Alpha brass for Creedmoore cases anyway.

I don’t know how Norma brass would hold up. I bought a box of Norma ammo to break in a barrel and was going to reload the cases but I had to ream the flash holes. The primer pockets on some cases were distorted so I trashed all of the Norma cases. The brass from Nosler Trophy ammo though is good stuff. I ended up using only Nosler Premium brass for that particular caliber. Quite a bit of Norma and Lapua brass is going to Ukraine and NATO. Lapua put out a letter to retailers last year to that effect. I guess we will just have to wait for them to step up to the plate.

jgraff08

FNG
Ya norma isn't really my first choice either has always seemed harder annealing does help

gerry35

WKR
The only premium brass I have used over the years was Norma, Lapua and Nosler (when they used to use Norma brass) and all the Norma stuff was great. Lapua was hit or miss surprisingly in their quality but I still think they make good brass. Even the good ones sometimes have problem lots. Looking forward to trying Peterson and ADG at some point.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
6.8W ADG brass is coming in 2024! I saw a dealer email somebody posted on LRH hunting that said prototype Q1 and production Q3. Several folks visited their booth at SHOT show and they confirmed. So that is super news for us 6.8W shooters

Lou