6.8 Western Brass

gerry35

WKR
6.8W ADG brass is coming in 2024! I saw a dealer email somebody posted on LRH hunting that said prototype Q1 and production Q3. Several folks visited their booth at SHOT show and they confirmed. So that is super news for us 6.8W shooters

Lou
Great news Lou. I'll be putting in my order as soon as they let us do so. Heard nothing but good about ADG, this should solve the biggest complaint that some have had. Heard lots of guys say they were interested in the 6.8 Western but wanted premium brass.

jgraff08

FNG
I wasn't necessarily worried about "premium" as much as my dad has 2 225 win and I don't want another one of those headaches in 20 years

gerry35

WKR
I wasn't necessarily worried about "premium" as much as my dad has 2 225 win and I don't want another one of those headaches in 20 years
Here in Canada we haven't been able to even get W-W 6.8 W brass. ADG is much more available in other rounds so I'm sure it will be much easier to get. I do like premium brass though since it generally lasts a long time and it's easier to get accurate loads too.

jgraff08

FNG
Your right about the loads but i think its more rifle than anything. If u seen my 307 22-250 post that .484 group was with fed brass im throwing out after this was it .256 rem group no but boyh are good

gerry35

WKR
Are u guys messing with powder too namely imr
We can get IMR, Hodgdon and Accurate powders fairly easy, see some Ramshot too. Alliant is impossible to get. I'm starting my reloading with Magnum and MagPro. MagPro with the175 gr TGK and Magnum with the 170 gr Ballistic Tip are looking good so far. In the summer I'll start work with the 170 gr Berger too.

jgraff08

FNG
Imr had a huge price hike here and spotty availability since covid im working on switching to winchester powders

gerry35

WKR
We can get Winchester too since they are in the Hodgdon family of powders. I would like to try Stabal HD in mine at some point. We have to watch for all these powders here and jump on them when they come available. Right now MagPro and H 4831 SC are available in my small town.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Ramshot Grand is new powder coming out in 2024. It looks similar to magnum in burn rate but us temp stable and has decoppering agent. Loads in new 2024 hodgdon annual. High velocity in 6.8W loads they have listed

Lou

gerry35

WKR
Ramshot Grand is new powder coming out in 2024. It looks similar to magnum in burn rate but us temp stable and has decoppering agent. Loads in new 2024 hodgdon annual. High velocity in 6.8W loads they have listed

Lou
I heard something about it. Sounds promising I'll have to check it out.

gerry35

WKR

Lou
Hodgdon hasn't updated their online data yet as of this afternoon but I will watch out for it. Sounds like it will be a good one.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Hey folks, this dealer is looking to start taking orders for trial runs ADG Cartridge Brass. I don’t know anything about them other than sponsor on AfricanHunting forum and not promoting them over anybody else but first official ADG dealer public communication on 6.8W I have seen

Please check out and order or get on list. I have never bought anything from them and they are forum sponsor and google searches indicate legit. However, can join that forum and ask questions directly to dealer or call them. This is super news if pans out and ADG gets enough interest to move forward

Lou

gerry35

WKR
For those of us in Canada looking for the 6.8 W ADG brass they told me to contact Gary Eakin at Bighorn sales. They are located in Houston BC. I've bought two Benchmark barrels and a Trigger Tech trigger from them in the past and are great to deal with. The US will gobble up the initial run so we are looking at early next year up here.

7mm Man

FNG
What sucks is that is feels like there is a real effort to make sure the 6.8W dies. Hornady doesn't want to make anything for it because they know it blows the PRC out of the water. I have gotten just under 3000 fps with 165 ABLR and 2900 with 175 TGK. With what feels like the same amount of recoil as the 6.5 PRC. I was hoping it caught on so Winchester/Browning could do a 7mm version....