6 creedmoor factory options.

Legend

WKR
When I go into the local sportsman’s there is a ton of different factory ammo for the 6 creed but not one single rifle. Who makes a good factory 6. Creed?
Waypoint 2020 looks promising.

OP
R

Rus

FNG
If I got a 243 tikka and got it rechambered to 6 creed does that have any affect on accuracy? I’ve never had a rifle rechambered before? Would it be better to just buy new barrel?

Jimbee

WKR
If I got a 243 tikka and got it rechambered to 6 creed does that have any affect on accuracy? I’ve never had a rifle rechambered before? Would it be better to just buy new barrel?
Yep, just send me your old barrel and I'll throw it away for you.

NSI

WKR
Twist rate of the .243 barrel will be too slow to stabilize the high-bc 6mm creed bullets which are the primary benefit of using 6cm over 243. As many have said, all else is equal between the 2 cartridges. I'd not throw $300 out on re-chambering, therefore, and spend a small bit more on a competent Tikka pre-fit in 6cm with the proper twist rate. You own one of the few factory platforms which is capable of re-barreling with pre-fits, I'd use it.

-J

Those waypoint do look good I've been drooling over them for awhile but still haven't seen 1 in the wild

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Yeah I had been looking at them online and like you had not seen one…. Then on our WY elk hunt this year walked into a shop in Sheridan and handled one in person. Ordered it within a few days of getting home.