6 points, CO Archery Elk

KHNC

WKR
See, Elk101 used this thread to draw unit 12. Hopefully he is successful and finds some honey holes. Then , he can post them on this thread for the next person to see and draw tag. Thats how successful hunts are made. Share that info online! I mean how else will anyone find it?

JaWally91

FNG
There are more outfitters and horses in unit 12 than damn elk. living there and hunting it many many times, id say its fair to say you cannot swing a dead cat and hit an elk. its almost a otc first rifle and bulls hardly ever make it past the legal 4 point or 6" brow tine requirements. Its a joke the cpw has it a limited archery unit and then turns around and gives out 2,000 + rifle tags for one season. With that I would not burn 6 points in 12!

Elk101

FNG
There are more outfitters and horses in unit 12 than damn elk. living there and hunting it many many times, id say its fair to say you cannot swing a dead cat and hit an elk. its almost a otc first rifle and bulls hardly ever make it past the legal 4 point or 6" brow tine requirements. Its a joke the cpw has it a limited archery unit and then turns around and gives out 2,000 + rifle tags for one season. With that I would not burn 6 points in 12!
Haha...yeah. That was my experience when I hunted first rifle there. I used 3 points on this hunt. Hoping Archery is better than my rifle experience.

Elk101

FNG
See, Elk101 used this thread to draw unit 12. Hopefully he is successful and finds some honey holes. Then , he can post them on this thread for the next person to see and draw tag. Thats how successful hunts are made. Share that info online! I mean how else will anyone find it?
I didn't use this post to settle on 12, but found it while trying to get some intel on the unit. No worries, I don't expect anyone to send me gps coordinates to their grandpa's favorite spot. If anyone wanted to offer some general advice, ie. stay away from the northwest corner, it's covered in muzzleloader outfitters.

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
There will be alot less pressure in the unit in archery vs any of the rifle seasons.