7-300 Norma Mag Improved

Thanks man! JGS reamers will cut you anything you can dream up lol. They are also super helpful! In this specific case, I’d already had several of the Alex Wheeler 300 Norma Improved chambers done. So basically just called them, and them asked for the same case body specs, but with a neck for 7mm bullets.

Then I just used my same sizing and seating die, but just changes the neck bushings out on the sizing die.

This is one of those mystical areas of gun stuff that's always been of interest but I've never dug into. I think that's going to change. Thanks for the lead, it could be a lot of fun.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
I’ve killed a couple coyotes and a couple aoudad with it so far. Started shooting the 180 ELDM’s with H1000 for 3160 FPS.
IMG_3064.jpeg
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg

Tested N570 with 180 ELDM’s recently. Might shoot this when hunting season nears a little closer. Here’s the speeds as well as the case heads.
IMG_3507.jpeg
IMG_3508.jpeg

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
That’s 15 MOA at 1000 for my elevation 🤣 That’s insane.
Hahaha pretty unreal!!

That SD is great, killer numbers on that Garmin. Care to share a bit about what setup you handload with?
I just run .001 neck tension. Anneal with an AMP annealer. Brush and moly the inside of the necks. Primal Rights primer seater with .002 crush. And weigh my powder charges to the closest kernel on a FX120i scale 🤙🏼🤙🏼

Last edited: