A Hunter's Bachelor Party

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
.Not hunting related idea but stepson just got back from a 4 day ski trip with buddies that all rented a house together. They had a good time.

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy’s and I went to central Oregon and shot sage rats and coyotes and camped out had an amazing time, for my brother in laws party we went long range shooting at a long range club and then the strip club at nights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
For mine last year my groomsmen took me on a high fence hunt for Ram. We got the property to ourselves for the weekend. Drank way too much, and got to shoot a ram and pig. Afterwards we said we are going to do it every couple years. Instead of a gift for them, I took them on a salmon charter and we all enjoyed that too.

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
Round about how expensive was the hog hunt? Did it come with lodging/food etc?
It was quite awhile ago but i remember it being less than $500 per guy. We were provided lodging for 2 nights and that price included a “meat hog”. Pretty sure we brought our own food but they had a small kitchen to cook.

Old friend got married. Instead of the woman getting all the gifts on her bachelor party and such, I figured it was damn time for the guy to get something. I got a few friends to kick in and we got him a NEW Ruger 1B in 6mm Remington and gave it to him at his party. He loved it!

Found out that you tell folks who are friends also what they think of that plan and all say IT'S AWESOME, LETS DO IT. I put money down on the rifle and start trying to collect from all of this friends who were sure to pitch in. Sadly I ended up paying $300.00 out of my pocket when it was all said and done. These other friends ended up not contributing that much. Live and learn I guess. The bachelor later turned out to not be such a good friend after all either and s@$#%& all over me. Long story.

Floater00

Lil-Rokslider
All my buddies and went and shot a sporting clays course for my bachelor party. Followed that up with backstraps on the grill and cold beer. A great afternoon in my book!

The sporting clays course even rented shotguns so the non-hunters were able to join the fun.

jte5013

FNG
I've done the pheasant hunt with planted birds and then out on the town afterwards. The "hunt" was a lot of fun and was laid back with plenty of shooting.

Hogs would sound like a good bachelor party for similar reasons.

slvrslngr

WKR
How about a day on a sporting clays course? Even a non hunter can participate and you might convert them.

Derk1890

FNG
We did a charter fishing launch for walleyes on Lake Mille lacs for mine. Great time for anyone whether they were big into the outdoors or not.

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
Backpack trip and some fishing. get the best duct tape you can find and use it to wrap around and make handles on the 12-packs. Every guy carries a 12-pack in each hand. gives You some incentive to empty them quickly and not be as picky about campsites. best wishes...

Redwood

Lil-Rokslider
We went on a hog hunt for my brother in laws bachelor party. Outfitter was less than stellar but we still had a lot of fun.

I planned one for a buddy in 2021 and we actually went to Florida and went gator hunting on a private cattle ranch. Even the non hunters killed gators. Then we partied our asses off in true Florida night life fashion, slept in and went on a canned swamp buggy hog hunt. The hog hunt was lame. The gator hunt wasn’t much of a hunt but it was a freaking blast

Found this searching for ideas for spring 2024 bachelor party option. Ox ranch seems to be the front runner right now but I’m gonna struggle to afford the credit card bill that would come from a laundry list of trophy fees.

Any ideas for a hog hunt or exotic hunt that’s more affordable?

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
For a buddies we rode atv’s in the mountains and camped for three nights. Camped at a lake. We also took our bows and some targets. Had some fun having shooting competitions and tournaments.