Accessory suggestions for new Realm X?

bobr1

WKR
So I had been waiting a long time to get a new bow and haven't shot archery for many years while being in the military. I shot a bunch of different brands last year and really liked the bow tech but was waiting for the right deal. I looked at getting a used bow or a cheap bow just to get me going. But with a 30+ in draw length it was hard to find any that I could use or know that hadn't been abused. Anyway, today Bowtech was in town at our local archery shop and I got to shoot the Realm X and SR6, which both felt great but the SR6 was maxed out on 30 inch draw and I ended up with the realm x (hoping I didn't make a mistake). They gave me an offer that was hard to refuse and I ended up getting a new bow for $800 and a free Bowtech case with it. So, now I have a naked bow and I'm trying to decide on accessories for it. Being out of bow hunting for so long it's overwhelming with the ammount of different brands and products now available for compounds. Any input or advice is appreciated. I'm leaning more towards Ripcord, Black gold and Tightspot as they are all Montana companies for the basics but I am still open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

Bob

Just finished putting together a Realm (28" draw length for me!) after a tremendous amount of research.

- Tightspot 5 arrow quiver
- Hamskea Trinity Hunter Pro
- Custom Black Gold Ascent Assault 5 pin
- VAP TKO Elite arrows, 300 spine, 95 grain 1" outsert, 100 grain Broadhead, 26.75"
- Carter Wise Choice 3 Finger Release

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Just finished putting together a Realm (28" draw length for me!) after a tremendous amount of research.

- Tightspot 5 arrow quiver
- Hamskea Trinity Hunter Pro
- Custom Black Gold Ascent Assault 5 pin
- VAP TKO Elite arrows, 300 spine, 95 grain 1" outsert, 100 grain Broadhead, 26.75"
- Carter Wise Choice 3 Finger Release
That sounds like a pretty sweet setup.

Gumbo

WKR
A lot of front stabilizer weight. That bow likes to tilt back big time, I had one for awhile. Don't get me wrong, it is a great bow and it can be shot as is. I now have a Reckoning and it is the same story...I have 8 oz out front on a 12" bar. For comparison on my Reign 7 I have 3 oz on a 10" bar for roughly the same balance.

So I had been waiting a long time to get a new bow and haven't shot archery for many years while being in the military. I shot a bunch of different brands last year and really liked the bow tech but was waiting for the right deal. I looked at getting a used bow or a cheap bow just to get me going. But with a 30+ in draw length it was hard to find any that I could use or know that hadn't been abused. Anyway, today Bowtech was in town at our local archery shop and I got to shoot the Realm X and SR6, which both felt great but the SR6 was maxed out on 30 inch draw and I ended up with the realm x (hoping I didn't make a mistake). They gave me an offer that was hard to refuse and I ended up getting a new bow for $800 and a free Bowtech case with it. So, now I have a naked bow and I'm trying to decide on accessories for it. Being out of bow hunting for so long it's overwhelming with the ammount of different brands and products now available for compounds. Any input or advice is appreciated. I'm leaning more towards Ripcord, Black gold and Tightspot as they are all Montana companies for the basics but I am still open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

Good choice on the Realm X. I've been shooting mine since Dec. 2018 and had it dialed in pretty quickly. Here's my setup:

Realm X (64 lbs. DW., 29.5" DL)
QAD Ultra Rest
MBG Ascent Verdict 4 Pin (.19 GRGG)
B-Stinger 10" stab ( 2 weights upfront (4 oz.)
Tight Spot Quiver (5 arrow)
Specialty Archery verifier peep sight
Axis 340 5 MM arrows
Slick Trick Magnum 100 grs (deer, antelope), NAP HellRazor 125 grs. (elk) broadheads

mtnkid85

WKR
I just set up my New Realm X over the winter, Im running a similar setup to what your looking at.
MBG Ascent Verdict 3pin
Ripcord Max rest
and then I went with a quivalizer, which Ive been happy with.

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Thanks for the help everyone, it's getting me narrowed down on brands and accessories to get.

KHNC

WKR
Great choice on the Realm X! i liked it so much, i got TWO of them! LOL. Here are my identical setups.
RH-70lbs
Hamskea Pro Hunter Rest
Tightspot Quiver
Dead Center Archery- Dead level hunter stabilizer
Fletcher Peep
Option Archery-Option 6 sight

You will love it! The O6 sight has probably been the best sight i have ever owned.

TripleJ

WKR
Great choice on the Realm X! i liked it so much, i got TWO of them! LOL. Here are my identical setups.
RH-70lbs
Hamskea Pro Hunter Rest
Tightspot Quiver
Dead Center Archery- Dead level hunter stabilizer
Fletcher Peep
Option Archery-Option 6 sight

You will love it! The O6 sight has probably been the best sight i have ever owned.

x2 on the Option Sight, I just put one on my Reign 6, I love the versatility of it, what a great idea for a sight.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Peep: Total Peep
Stabilizer: Crossover 10-17 or the longer one
Quiver: Tightspot 5 arrow
Rest: QAD HDX or the Hamskea
Sight: Garmin Xero.
I wasn't a believer until about a week ago. Had one for several weeks but it just felt weird to me. Stayed with it and... let me tell you.... I wont go back to a regular sight now. Once you get used to the shot process it is THAT good. Absolute game-changer. Save up, sell a gun, buy the wife a Louis Vutton, do what you need to do... it will transform your archery and bowhunting experience. It has for me.

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Peep: Total Peep
Stabilizer: Crossover 10-17 or the longer one
Quiver: Tightspot 5 arrow
Rest: QAD HDX or the Hamskea
Sight: Garmin Xero.
I wasn't a believer until about a week ago. Had one for several weeks but it just felt weird to me. Stayed with it and... let me tell you.... I wont go back to a regular sight now. Once you get used to the shot process it is THAT good. Absolute game-changer. Save up, sell a gun, buy the wife a Louis Vutton, do what you need to do... it will transform your archery and bowhunting experience. It has for me.
Yeah the Garmin sight looks cool. But they are illegal in Montana for hunting as of now. Not sure if/when they will legalize them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Looks like a lot of guys are running the Hamskea. I'd never heard of them before this. Always seeing QAD, Ripcord or Vaportrail.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm honest I have more confidence in the QAD for hunting over the Hamskea. The Hamskea is an engineering marvel and better buit, but that QAD has the full containment pre-draw, simple, and just works. Both are super quiet. I take a piece of moleskin and stick it on the shelf so that the arms of the rest don't hit the aluminum riser.

KHNC

WKR
Hamskea Pro Hunter has full containment as well, if you are considering the change.

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Just curious what peoples thoughts are on thumb releases? I've never shot one but seems like they are pretty popular now

Mtrain

FNG
I’ve been happy with the Tightspot on my x but I think I would look at the hamskea rests next time, they sound more reliable than my QAD.