Advice on hunting socks

fwafwow

WKR
My preferred order is Gore (should be released again this year hopefully, Mountain Archery had some still in August of this year and he told me they were going to be released again), Bridgedale, Lorpen/Darn Tough, Kuiu, Icebreaker, Point Six, Smartwool, Wigwam

Any update on the Gore socks?

Not that I’ve seen or heard. Sitka was a little strange this year with their new product releases so still holding out hope

Mike7

WKR
The gore socks sound interesting. I may have to try those. I have tried most of the socks mentioned above otherwise, except for farm to feet. So far my favorites are the Lorpen T2 Over the Calf hunting socks.

I sure hope the GORE socks come out again. They are my go to. I don't just wear them hunting, they are also my everyday sock. I love them. I've had them probably 3 years and are still doing well but would love to be able to buy some new ones.

I almost exclusively use smartwool mountaineering socks. They're thick and cushy. A little spendy, but I usually find them on sale. I'll buy a couple new pairs every year.
They are the best socks I have used...I wear a fresh pair each day while in the field. The rotation keeps the wear to a minimum. I have some that are 7-8 years old almost like new. I also always, as others have said,
proactively tape with leukotape where you get hot spots/blisters (e.g. heels,outside of small toe, etc)
In my opinion, I'd rather take the time to do this before venturing out, as opposed to stopping to tape...annoying. It will stay on for your entire trip!
These socks may be too warm for some. I'll push them down If I get too warm during spring turkey or early archery.

Senick00

FNG
I’ve been running the Darn Tough cushioned hiking socks for awhile and I love them. They wick moisture pretty well and are comfortable all day long.