Alaska Plane Crash Claims Pilot and Hunter

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
Sad story here but a hunter and pilot lost their lives this week the day before sheep opener. Condolences to the families and friends of those involved, and thank you to the crews that attempted a recovery.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Sad indeed and may they RIP. If anyone is interested, these channels will have info relating to the crash, as it is today and as it develops.

Blancolirio

Dan Gryder - Probable Cause

Both channels are excellent IMO. I know nothing of aviation as a pilot, crew member etc., but visit their channels often as they are just same damn interesting and well done.

Eddie

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Always sad when this happens. My uncle and grandfather died in a plane crash in northern BC. They were scouting out a new guiding territory I believe.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Reading stories like this adds more fuel to my anxiety about getting on small planes. Always tragic when stuff like this happens.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

7mm-08

WKR
My biggest trepidation on the occasions when my son and I used a transporter on the north face of the Brooks Range was the Supercub flight in and back out. When that short exposure window occurs, it is a very complex linear equation - weather, visibility, mechanical issues, etc., etc., are all serious factors that can kill you. RIP to the deceased and condolences to their families and friends.

Another one last night. United States Congresswoman Mary Peltola's husband crashed in western AK late yesterday evening. Politics aside, horrible situation for their family and something everyone hates to see.

The report says he had just dropped off a hunter. I'm not sure if he was flying a personal aircraft or for an outfitter. I sent out a few texts this morning to guys that fly in the area to see if they knew more.