AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
Recently heard this sing by Aaron Lewis....if you haven't heard this on you tube (or somewhere else) you really owe it to yourself.

Sorry....tried to insert link and it wouldn't go through. But, the videos are there on You Tube

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Ya, my kind of song but, it'a going to take a lot more than that to save this once great country, if it can be saved.

OP
P

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta disagree with the pandering observations especially since statues are coming down in a town near you. But each to their own.

I haven't heard a song in a long, long time that expressed what so many were thinking. Refreshing in a world of media propaganda and blather.

OP
P

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta disagree with the pandering observations especially since statues are coming down in a town near you. But each to their own.

I haven't heard a song in a long, long time that expressed what exactly what I was thinking. Refreshing in a world of media propaganda and blather.

WKR
The song is an accurate representation of exactly why we are where we are. Shallow comprehension (or none) and demonization of the 'other side" that doesn't agree with me rather than discussion and genuine intellectual curiosity to gain a more complete understanding.

Nah, that would require humility and the understanding that we have a lot to learn about the complexities and nuance of various topics. It's much easier to simply yell "SHEEP" or some such mindless drivel and move on to the next sound bite.

Last edited:
Why would you suggest they come down? Just curious.
We put statues up to honor men. Should we honor someone that was indicted for treason? Someone who lost a war whose key issue was the right to own people? Removing the statue doesn't change history, it just changes what we show the world we value and who we honor.

And I'm just arguing R. E Lee here, I'm not agreeing with all of the statues that have been removed, for whatever reason.

He was indicted but never charged and then ultimately pardoned by President Ford. Not saying he was a good guy or anything, but historically he was a large figure. At some point before you and I were both born, someone propositioned for his statue to be put up and was probably voted on and approved. It should be removed in the same way, by vote and consensus of the people. Not pulled down or done for political theater.

Just one mans opinion who spent 10 years of his life serving this country and the freedom it provides for all sides.

OP
P

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't know there were guys on this site that would remotely have an issue with this song. Id have a hard time with guys who love the outdoors, hunting and the freedoms that were paid with precious blood calling themselves freedom loving Americans being politically anti- conservative. Just me...no offense to anyone.

Obviously, our country isn't perfect. But unless you've traveled abroad- its truly hard to comprehend how great this place truly is. I can't be the only one

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I didn't know there were guys on this site that would remotely have an issue with this song. Id have a hard time with guys who love the outdoors, hunting and the freedoms that were paid with precious blood calling themselves freedom loving Americans being politically anti- conservative. Just me...no offense to anyone.

Obviously, our country isn't perfect. But unless you've traveled abroad- its truly hard to comprehend how great this place truly is. I can't be the only one
Same ones who have issues with this and other patriotic songs are all into WAP and other rapper crap.