anyone have issues with the hamskea hybrid hunter having your arrow fall into the V ?

sk1

WKR
so i posted the other day about arrows randomly completely missing the target. this year i switched from a QAD rest to the hamskea hybrid hunter pro. I am not used to making sure my arrow is perfectly sitting in the bottom of the V before shooting.

i would say about once or twice out of 25 arrows it will be just barely off to the side and you wouldnt see this unless you make a point of looking right at it. is there anything i can do to help this slide down better? i am torn between training myself to check it every time or going back to the QAD and be worry free. im scared of missing an animal because i forgot to check it and the arrow was off to the side at full draw. before i started checking i already lost 4 arrows while i was trying to figure out what the heck was going on, i havent been having an issue now that im checking

any thoughts?

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I have had my rest for 1 year now and just last night had 3 arrows hit 2 feet low in the dirt at 35 -45 yard 3d targets. Not sure what the deal is but its random. It seems my rest is randomly not coming up. I will be checking it over today. I have never had an issue with it not centering in the V though like you are talking about.

mvmnts

WKR
I've had mine for a few months and I've had zero issues. I'd either have it exchanged or replace it. Not having the arrow come down into the launcher every single time is unacceptable to me.

92xj

WKR
Post a picture of your dloop and nock. At rest and at full draw.
I bet you will see your issues...it's not the rest.

Your center serving or d loop are too tight and are pushing the arrow that way. No reason it wouldn’t slide down unless something is holding it out.

WJS23

WKR
It definitely sounds like you getting knock pinch I would start with that and then check if you knock fit is too tight on your string.

slowelk

WKR
It doesn't seem like you have confirmed that this is actually happening, and nock pinch seems like a more likely culprit if the rubber material on your hamskea is undamaged. I could see that material becoming a little "gummy" if it got hot?

I haven't had any issues with my hamskea.

Trial153

WKR
I have seen that material on the launcher actually show wear so yes I can see it getting sticky

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
do you guys think that nock pinch could also cause a wild arrow occasionally? im taking my bow in to the shop today FINALLY, im so far behind this year. ive been shooting decent since paying attention to making sure my arrow falls down into the V of the rest.. but occasionally I am having a completely wild arrow. it's not my arrows. it seems so strange to me that i can shoot a 2 inch group with 3 arrows at 60 yards, and then have the next one completely miss the target

just wondering if i should have something other than just the D-loop addressed while I am at the shop (its an hour drive, so im hoping to get it resolved and not have to go back)

im about ready to put on my old hoyt ultra rest, but it seems like such a shame to have to do it at this point

and thanks everyone for your help, sometimes im terrible at replying on here

KHNC

WKR
Well, i will suggest one thing on the hamskea. Ditch the spring if you havent already! I know this likely isnt your issue, but it will help make the rest more consistent otherwise. Mine started to creep up on a regular basis. When i would tighted the string to lower, my arrows hit low because the rest was too tight to raise up fully. Dumped the spring, turned the bracket around and tied the string thru the hole in the bracket. Not even sure why bother with the spring. Seems like a great way to ruin the performance of a great rest.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Well, i will suggest one thing on the hamskea. Ditch the spring if you havent already! I know this likely isnt your issue, but it will help make the rest more consistent otherwise. Mine started to creep up on a regular basis. When i would tighted the string to lower, my arrows hit low because the rest was too tight to raise up fully. Dumped the spring, turned the bracket around and tied the string thru the hole in the bracket. Not even sure why bother with the spring. Seems like a great way to ruin the performance of a great rest.

we did ditch the spring, and widened the D-loop. shooting smooth and drawing in the right place now. ill know for sure in the next few days if all issues are solved.

surprised to see im shooting 6 to 8 inches high at 40 yards now that we took the spring off, but its grouping well so ill get it dialed in hopefully without issue

KHNC

WKR
we did ditch the spring, and widened the D-loop. shooting smooth and drawing in the right place now. ill know for sure in the next few days if all issues are solved.

surprised to see im shooting 6 to 8 inches high at 40 yards now that we took the spring off, but its grouping well so ill get it dialed in hopefully without issue

That is exactly what happened when i moved the spring as well. First arrow at 70 went over my target and centered a pine tree. lol. Fortunately i recovered it undamaged. Once i dialed in again, all was perfect.