Anyone try one of these?

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
59f71f442cd14586eca945b6346b7c8f.jpg

Its a hybrid power pack solar charger. It's supposed to hold 2 cell phone charges and has the potential to charge itself or phone off a solar panel. I might pick one up but would like to know if any of you have tried it.

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
One of my buddies out here tried one and wasn't impressed. I run either a new trent power pak or a goalzero charger and have been happy with either one.

amp713

WKR
Havent tried that one but i do pack a charger, its a small solar that charges batteries and once they are full it can charge your phone also. Havent used it much but its uses could be used for my back up flashlight, headlamp, iphone and camera all at once. Its small and pretty light, still extra weight that i rarely use, but have too many uses to convince myself to leave it.

dotman

WKR
I recommend this 20,000mah unit, it is small for the amount of power and at 20,000mah you will have plenty of charges http://www.amazon.com/20000mAh-Aluminum-Multi-Voltage-PowerIQTM-Technology/dp/B005NGLTZQ

Weight isn't bad at just over a pound, easily recharge the iPhone atleast 9 or 10 times. For $80 it is a steal.

Quick pic for size ref next to my iPhone, it is about half the size of my iPad mini. Width is the same as my iPhone with an outter box case.

147c52305b538418491c29cbe607b513_zps009421d8.jpg

Last edited:

Slim Jim

WKR
Don't pack your newtrent inside your pack. Put it in an external pocket. I had mine inside my pack this last week and the power button must of been pressed down because it was completely drained when I went to recharge my phone. Luckily my buddy let me have a charge off of his so I could give the wife a nightly call.

dotman

WKR
A nice feature of the Anker, even if you turn it on it will not run down the battery, will only put juice out if it detects a device to charge and once the device is fully charged it turns off not wasting juice.