Arby's is pro hunting???

brewer427

WKR
So I was just watching the most recent Western Hunter and a Arby's commercial came on and it was about supporting hunting and wishing hunters luck. That is the first time that I've ever seen a non hunting company publicly supporting hunters on national TV.

Ya they have about 5 different commercials running on a couple of the sports channels. Actually pretty funny commercials.

Grumman

WKR
The next time I go to fast food I will purposely give them my business. Nice to see, I hope the marketing campaign goes well for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
I have been eating there pork belly sandwich's in support of them!

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite one is about salads being just like the woods. Where the whole time you are just hunting for the meat.

kodiakfly

WKR
And they run ads in Bowhunter magazines. I love Arby's before this campaign, now I really love them.

elkyinzer

WKR
Busch lite has been running ad campaigns centered on hunting for years and I don't even give it a second look because it tastes like fermented piss. Arby's marketing analysts told them hunters were an untapped market so they moved in. Big whoop I'll be impressed when they give money to the cause.

OP
brewer427

brewer427

WKR
Busch lite has been running ad campaigns centered on hunting for years and I don't even give it a second look because it tastes like fermented piss. Arby's marketing analysts told them hunters were an untapped market so they moved in. Big whoop I'll be impressed when they give money to the cause.
You know man any type of mainstream publicity like this is good for hunting. In this day and age we have a lot of crap working against hunting and the way peopled are swayed by what they see on tv and media outlets I'm stoked to see this because you have a fairly large non hunting company publicly stating that they endorse hunting and dont think its a barbaric pursuit and this just might help some people rethink there stance on hunting. Maybe, maybe not but this is a win win IMO.

I will say that I dont think hunters as a whole stand up and make our voices and opinions heard like antis do, you'll see a picture on facebook of a big deer or elk get shot and it receives thousands of likes and hundreds of comments, but on the rare post about something that is going to hurt hunting it only receives a few likes and very few comments, its like everybody just wants to bury there heads in the sand and think its out of there hands or everything will be fine and nothing is going to change. I think its a joke how none of hunting companies try and publicly go against laws that are trying to be passed, that would hurt our access and methods used to hunt. I feel that when anything comes up, that is going against outdoorsmen, should be posted all over hunting companies social meadia outlets to try and inform as many as possible.

Stwrt9

WKR
can't remember where i saw this and it could have been a joke, but i thought i saw somewhere they were advertising a venison sandwich in a few select locations to test it out?

twall13

WKR
If they are offering a venison sandwich it's not wild game as it's illegal to sell the meat from native wild game in the U.S. So if they have venison it's from a farm or not from the U.S. I have trouble believing they could source enough venison to make it worthwhile but I've been wrong before. Either way, I'm glad to see these commercials. Whether it helps hunting or not they are sticking their neck out there in support of hunting. Most companies won't do that and take the approach where they refuse to comment whether they are for or against it so they don't alienate customers. Maybe it's slightly different here as they have been really marketing their meats lately as opposed to companies that don't have anything to do with meat. Arby's can assume they don't have a large vegan/vegetarian customer base. Still, there is a huge disconnect in society about where meat/food comes from so I see these ads as a good thing since they clearly make the connection between hunting and food.

Jimbob

WKR
I love Arby's. They are a business so they are all about making money. If they could make more money taking a stance against hunters then I am sure they would do it. However I am happy they are marketing towards hunting and it is good to have them doing so.

elkyinzer

WKR
If they care about the future of hunting they should donate the profits from their venison sandwiches to CWD research. Farmed venison has no place in society let alone fast food in my opinion.

charvey9

WKR
If they are offering a venison sandwich it's not wild game as it's illegal to sell the meat from native wild game in the U.S. So if they have venison it's from a farm or not from the U.S. I have trouble believing they could source enough venison to make it worthwhile but I've been wrong before. Either way, I'm glad to see these commercials. Whether it helps hunting or not they are sticking their neck out there in support of hunting. Most companies won't do that and take the approach where they refuse to comment whether they are for or against it so they don't alienate customers. Maybe it's slightly different here as they have been really marketing their meats lately as opposed to companies that don't have anything to do with meat. Arby's can assume they don't have a large vegan/vegetarian customer base. Still, there is a huge disconnect in society about where meat/food comes from so I see these ads as a good thing since they clearly make the connection between hunting and food.

In general, wild game meat can not be sold by individuals in most states, but there are even some exceptions to that. I read an article recently where a trial program was in effect allowing the sale of venison as a means to incentivize hunting, and cull the deer herd. It was somewhere in the north east, possibly Pennsylvania, but the location escapes me.

charvey9

WKR
If they care about the future of hunting they should donate the profits from their venison sandwiches to CWD research. Farmed venison has no place in society let alone fast food in my opinion.

You can make the same argument for cattle. Bovine TB transferred to deer had huge effect on both the deer herds and agriculture in Michigan over the last two decades. In fact, livestock herds of just about any species are habitats for breeding and spreading disease. Hard for me to single out one form of farming over another. They all need to be regulated accordingly, but are also necessary. I'm all for increased subsistence living, but cultivated land can produce upwards 1600 times more food than hunting land. Doesn't take much to determine the population and growth limitations imposed by a complete hunter/gather lifestyle. When it comes down to it, the difference between the US and 3rd world countries is our ability to produce and provide food for the people, so we can focus on other things and advance.