are powerbelts any good for deer

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
There is no such thing as a magic bullet. Liver shots can take a long time for an animal to die. Even from a centerfire.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 659987

If you’re shooting at short to moderate ranges (say out to 250 yards) this won’t make much difference but, one reason would be that a 300 gr .45 bullet will likely have better BC than a 300 gr .50 (assuming a similar design). For example

The .45 300 gr Fury has a BC of .30
The .50 300 gr Fury has a BC of .26

View attachment 659997
View attachment 659996
there is more bullet hitting a deer. it carrys energy out to three hundred yards than a .45 cal thats why i will be shooting 100 yards at the most with my muzzleloader so i really dont need a big bc. like i said alerady i have saboted bullet so i will try them i like the barnes bullets but i also want to try a full bore conical it would be diffrent if i hunted in nevada where i had 500 yarrd shotsand needed a big bc but i dont.thank you.

there is more bullet hitting a deer. it carrys energy out to three hundred yards than a .45 cal thats why i will be shooting 100 yards at the most with my muzzleloader so i really dont need a big bc.
If you run a calculator on those two Fury bullets I mentioned above (a 300 gr .50 and a 300 gr .45) you’ll see that the .45 maintains more energy and velocity than the .50 due to the better BC (even at 100 yards).

IMG_3930.jpeg
IMG_3929.jpeg

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
thank you the powerbelt all leads have problem of breaking before they get to the lungs but when you hunt in idaho and oergon and colorado you have to use all led and not a alot of brands make them.
I hope they pass the new rules they're talking about that would allow us better bullets. There's much more humain projectiles when it comes to killing quickly and we owe that to the animals. I like how restrictive the Idaho rules are but that one is cruel.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
I hope they pass the new rules they're talking about that would allow us better bullets. There's much more humain projectiles when it comes to killing quickly and we owe that to the animals. I like how restrictive the Idaho rules are but that one is cruel.
yeah a lot of place s have strict bullet rules they do because they thhink they are conersving the animal population but acutall they are hurting because of the bullets thats why i like nc for hunting they let you use what gun and bullet you want same way with muzzleoader whatever powder you can have a scope and any bullet. i hope they pass that law for the better bullets.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
If you run a calculator on those two Fury bullets I mentioned above (a 300 gr .50 and a 300 gr .45) you’ll see that the .45 maintains more energy and velocity than the .50 due to the better BC (even at 100 yards).

View attachment 660150
View attachment 660151
dude why do you just have to keep going on if i want to shoot a full bore conical i will like i already i have sabot bullets and i am gonna get some full bore it what ever my rifle like i will shoot not what ballistic calucaltor says also sabot you have to clean your barrel after every one to two shot a full bore you dont have too but i do any ways so my groups will be procise. thank you for the info have a blessed day.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
pretty obvious youre green behind the ears. Folks trying to help you and youre throwing a hissy fit.

Sabots have to be cleaned between shots? Yes, so do conicals when you are using dirty powder. Blackhorn209 sabot or conicals, you'll never have to touch the bore.

Read up and get some more knowledge. Don't believe everything you read or see on youtube.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
pretty obvious youre green behind the ears. Folks trying to help you and youre throwing a hissy fit.

Sabots have to be cleaned between shots? Yes, so do conicals when you are using dirty powder. Blackhorn209 sabot or conicals, you'll never have to touch the bore.

Read up and get some more knowledge. Don't believe everything you read or see on youtube.
i shoot hodgon tripl eight

Attachments

• FP1764_Firestick_MuzzleVelocities0521_NoCrops (2).pdf
    821.3 KB · Views: 1

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
yeah well, you're actually shooting blackhorn209 pretty much. Cut one of those sticks open and take a look at whats inside.

Heavy bullets carry more energy. Its like comparing a 1970s buick to a 1990s honda civic, Both slamming into the wall.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider

also i was talking about the plastic from sabot that get left behind instead of fullbore conical ill syick to shooting wat i want o you can shoot what ou wantlike i have to three or four other people it whatmy gun like not what my opionio like ok.

also i was talking about the plastic from sabot that get left behind instead of fullbore conical
Another old wives tale. I’ve shot thousands of saboted bullets in multiple muzzies (including smokeless at up to ~ 2700 fps). Only once in 25+ years have I seen any sign of plastic fouling from sabots in any bore.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Another old wives tale. I’ve shot thousands of saboted bullets in multiple muzzies (including smokeless at up to ~ 2700 fps). Only once in 25+ years have I seen any sign of plastic fouling from sabots in any bore.
have you tried to reload a bullet after shooting three saboted bullets.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
also why is the centerfire rifle people here on rok slide kinda chill and not my opionion right yours is not and this is not towards you all you have done is acutally helped me others have not but seroiously why is the muzzleloader community like this.

have you tried to reload a bullet after shooting three saboted bullets.
Absolutely. I’ve personally shot as many as 20-40 saboted loads in one range session with no issues. No cleaning or swabbing required between shots with Bh209. You can shoot all day long.

If your sabots are loading to tightly for you then you might try a different sabot (like a Harvester Crush Rib or MMP HPH24).