are powerbelts any good for deer

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely. I’ve personally shot as many as 20-40 saboted loads in one range session with no issues. No cleaning or swabbing required between shots with Bh209. You can shoot all day long.

If your sabots are loading to tightly for you then you might try a different sabot (like a Harvester Crush Rib or MMP HPH24).
ok yeah i am thinking about diffrent sabots than the barnes they load reall y tight

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
They will kill deer for sure. The bor locs perform a lot better in my experience. Wife killed a couple bucks with powerbelts and I didn’t like the.50 cal entrance and .25 cal exit so I tried bor locs. I killed a couple with bor locs and the exit was the same size as the entrance which is better in my opinion.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
They will kill deer for sure. The bor locs perform a lot better in my experience. Wife killed a couple bucks with powerbelts and I didn’t like the.50 cal entrance and .25 cal exit so I tried bor locs. I killed a couple with bor locs and the exit was the same size as the entrance which is better in my opinion.
so the bor locs did not expand

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot for lungs so shooting through the ribs probably isn’t going to get a ton of expansion I’m guessing. The powerbelts blew up on the front shoulder and not much was left to make an exit wound. Not good if that’s happening on a deer.

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot for lungs so shooting through the ribs probably isn’t going to get a ton of expansion I’m guessing. The powerbelts blew up on the front shoulder and not much was left to make an exit wound. Not good if that’s happening on a deer.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpeg
    IMG_1452.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 7
OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
yeah i shoot right in the front shulder from instant droping i have never hunted with a muzzleloader for deer but i hunt deer with a 300 weatherby maag with the weatherby 180 grn right in the front shoulder i shot one in the front shoulder and found a piece of lund and heart so thats kinda what i am want ting but i know my muzzy wont get 3250 fps wit 4221 energy

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
You’re way of asking for advice and then shitting on people’s responses makes you sound stupid. I don’t care what you shoot. You asked for advice with zero experience, and I shared some experience. Have fun shooting 80 pound deer with elk loads at 30 yards. Learn to spell. God bless

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
What ever you learned with a center fire, throw out the window because muzzleloading is a whole new ball game.

180gr in a 300 may seem huge, but in a muzzleloader, it's tiny. Even a 250gr bullet in a 1/2" hole isn't huge.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
You’re way of asking for advice and then shitting on people’s responses makes you sound stupid. I don’t care what you shoot. You asked for advice with zero experience, and I shared some experience. Have fun shooting 80 pound deer with elk loads at 30 yards. Learn to spell. God bless
i never crapped on your answer and second of all i was telling that was my experince and that i had none with a muzzleloader thats why i named that stuff off t show my pov. thank you (also thirty yards i aint shot a deer no closer than 120 thank you)

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
If you really want lots of good advice on muzzys, check out ModernMuzzzleloader
yeah thats what iam thinking cause these a holes are retarded not you or anybody thats aacutally helped i asked a question at the first then these idiots seen i didnt have a lot of experince with muzzloaders so they thought they would be stupid on here think u. god bless