Aron's corner

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
What exactly you look for online to narrow it down before you decide to put boots on the ground in a specific area.

×2 on glassing lessons

A walk through on a typical elk hunt. How much ground you cover, what your days itinerary looks like, etc...

Manosteel

WKR
Off-season training, the what, how and why. We all do our own thing to stay in shape but I would like to know how your training has evolved, most of us older folk started off with bodybuilding routines which then turned into cardio focused routines back to lifting and then a combination etc.. Cross-fit is big now but I have never tried it. Also what's your basic nutrition and supplement regime look like.

Manosteel

WKR
..and for people knew to backcountry hunting an article on the what gear you (1) need (2) can live with (3) and may want - I think would be helpful. There are a couple of good threads on this topic already.

Buckman

WKR
Looking for a stove article. How hunting has changed for you over the years. On a hunting trip what part of it gives you the most pleasure. Thanks

Nuke Man

WKR
I've tried searching because I'm sure you have covered it but I can't find anything. What you carry in your possibles pouch and how it has evolved.

dotman

WKR
Maybe do a video on the definition of what a POSER is and how to pull it off :)

Boddy1

FNG
I think what everyone really wants to know is how you keep your woman happy when you are gone all of the time? I can barely make it through archery season before "I'm gone all of the time"

whitingja

WKR
Have you ever thought about offering a survival course that goes through map reading, fire starting and plant recognition...I would be down for this. Obviously charge for the course. I've always wanted to do one, but not sure if the person is reputable.

ftothfadd

Lil-Rokslider
HI Aron,

So two things:
-a multiple part session, how you would set up for a first "western" hunt if you were an easterner. From kit to planning to execution. (We may skip the physical training aspects as it has been discussed ad nauseam)
-your archery tackle you use these days.
Thanks, Ferenc

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
You seem to be the pack guru. I'd like to know how you distribute gear/meat for a nice balanced load.

HI Aron,

So two things:
-a multiple part session, how you would set up for a first "western" hunt if you were an easterner. From kit to planning to execution. (We may skip the physical training aspects as it has been discussed ad nauseam)
-your archery tackle you use these days.
Thanks, Ferenc
As an easterner myself, this would be very beneficial. A "hands on" class would also be nice, especially if you paid travel expenses. :)

I would like to see how the different pack colors blend with the outdoors, particularly due to time of year & region. Actual pictures and discussions starting in August (when most is green) through October/November (brown/white). Also, how it differs through regions of the country. I understand this would take considerable effort & time, but I think there are enough Rokslide staffers scattered throughout the country to get this done. I'm not talking the thousands of camouflage options, just typical pack colors. You could even discuss percentage of sales by color? Most of the articles I read on packs are related to features, fit and size. I own several packs from Kifaru, so I'm already sold on all of those features. The packs are, for lack of a better word, "Bombproof" and infinitely adjustable. Aron's recent pack article got me thinking that this idea of color is not really addressed. Some of it seems intuitive, like a light coyote color in a desert environment, but I've never seen an article showing what foliage looks like in the desert. I also understand there are several reasons people choose certain colors, but it seems to me this is an under visualized topic?

Or, I could just get my fat ass off of this computer and figure some of this meaningless stuff in my head out for myself? I realize it's not important, but rather something to type about. I appreciate what you do for us. So, thanks Aron.

Last edited:

Paul M

Lil-Rokslider
Archery Elk in CO...High, Low, Dark Timber, Open areas, Opening weekend vs. last week...any little tip could help the guys that live out east and never get chance to scout...

...and anything archery...

this is what i was going to say

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to hear more stories about the last year or so. Sounds like you had some great experiences. With as many photos as you take it would be a very enjoyable read, plus your skills and experiences would reveal themselves through your adventures, specifically to those who don't know you or of you.