Atlas coolers- Anyone get a shipping notice yet?

Eslong1

FNG
I believe just a page back in this thread shockingly enough there isn't a number listed on their website anymore.

I still have my order in. This mayhem is ridiculous. My big question now is: How do we know that gotdraw isn't in bed so to speak with the atlas guy? I'm sure gotdraw is a stand up guy and tried to help us all get a deal but one can't help but wonder at this point....

Personally I don't think GotDraw? was involved in the deception even thought I don't really know him. He seems genuine enough and I think he was simply mislead like the rest of us.

dotman

WKR
Personally I don't think GotDraw? was involved in the deception even thought I don't really know him. He seems genuine enough and I think he was simply mislead like the rest of us.

Did you know most people that have fallen into a fraudulent transaction are is disbelief that the person they trusted was the perpetrator? The biggest hurdle to commit fraud is getting people to trust you. Now I'm not saying GotDraw did anything wrong, just pointing out that just because some people seems standup (especially on the Internet) doesn't mean crap if you don't really know them.

I hope it all works out and I hope GotDraw get some kind of commission from Atlas after setting this up. Maybe this is the new Ponzi Scheme, keep delaying product orders and get new orders cash to pay for previous orders products.

There comes a point when something is too good to be true, even BestCoolers said Atlas products are not the best. Read into that what you want but for them to voice that about a product they carry says a lot.

I know I've said this before, I hope it works out for everyone, I'm glad I canceled when I did and that I got my money back. I also hope that if you guys do receive your coolers they are great and don't fall apart in a few months because it is obvious you will not get any response from the company for anything so I would assume this includes warranty.

Maybe Ryan and Robby can get us a group buy with Orion Coolers, at least we know it is a great product and standup company.

digger

Lil-Rokslider
I still have my order in. This mayhem is ridiculous. My big question now is: How do we know that gotdraw isn't in bed so to speak with the atlas guy? I'm sure gotdraw is a stand up guy and tried to help us all get a deal but one can't help but wonder at this point....

Don't go there,,that's not cool

twall13

WKR
Gotdraw? was the one who set the group buy up, but he was not the one who first brought up Atlas Coolers on the forum (see this thread). Another member did that and Gotdraw? took note of the bulk buy option and inquired from there. He put a lot of work into this. He has also been a member on here for over a year with a good track record (long before this group buy came up). Throwing him under the bus right now is not cool.

My personal opinion, everything will work out fine in the end. When it was posted up that we expected shipping to start last Friday I was honestly skeptical. With the track record up to this point I expected it to take a week or two from when the coolers arrived in the warehouse to when they actually assemble orders and ship. If they don't ship in the next 2-3 weeks I'll be as worried as everyone else but at the moment I'm pretty confident we'll get our coolers if we hang on. Has it been a smooth group buy? Not at all, but I assumed there was some risk going in and I still think I'll be happy in the end.

Stwrt9

WKR
Maybe i'm to trust worthy in this crazy world we live in today but i personally don't think this has anything to do with GotDraw? it's strictly with Atlas. it's unfortunate that he is getting some backlash for sticking his neck out there to get this thing put together for all of us. i just hope these coolers exist and that we get them sooner than later!

robtattoo

WKR
Gotdraw? was the one who set the group buy up, but he was not the one who first brought up Atlas Coolers on the forum (see this thread). Another member did that and Gotdraw? took note of the bulk buy option and inquired from there. He put a lot of work into this. He has also been a member on here for over a year with a good track record (long before this group buy came up). Throwing him under the bus right now is not cool.

My personal opinion, everything will work out fine in the end. When it was posted up that we expected shipping to start last Friday I was honestly skeptical. With the track record up to this point I expected it to take a week or two from when the coolers arrived in the warehouse to when they actually assemble orders and ship. If they don't ship in the next 2-3 weeks I'll be as worried as everyone else but at the moment I'm pretty confident we'll get our coolers if we hang on. Has it been a smooth group buy? Not at all, but I assumed there was some risk going in and I still think I'll be happy in the end.

Maybe i'm to trust worthy in this crazy world we live in today but i personally don't think this has anything to do with GotDraw? it's strictly with Atlas. it's unfortunate that he is getting some backlash for sticking his neck out there to get this thing put together for all of us. i just hope these coolers exist and that we get them sooner than later!

I'm in complete agreement with both of you, I'm 99.9% sure that Gotdraw? is on the up-and-up, on the level & beyond reproach, but I also don't think it's a bad thing to question his integrity. If that 0.01% is right, a lot of folk are out a pretty significant chunk o' change. Hell, they make you take a blood test before you get married, in case you've been unknowingly porking your sister for 4 years....I don't think questioning 'That Internet Guy's' bona fides is too much of a stretch.

Shouldn't really cost anybody but Atlas in the long run except the hassle of filing the claim with your credit card provider to get a refund if it came to that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jm1607

WKR
This should make some of you guys feel a little bit better. File a complaint with the BBB and Federal Trade Commission. Only takes a few seconds. Let them know about the 2 month late wait, phone number that goes straight to voicemail, website crashing, no posted phone number, and zero communication by the company. I did the hard part, here's the Atlas Cooler specific links:

GettingStarted - FTC Complaint Assistant

BBB Online Complaint System | Get Started

Customer Reviews for Atlas Coolers
-
BBB serving Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin

Then at least future buyers will be warned.. Apparently there was a complaint to the BBB back in May with the same situation.. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there never was a shipment to Walmart LOL

Last edited:
I don't know of any websites that allow for pin based transactions so all card transactions should still process through the credit card network and carry with them the purchase protections provided by Visa and MC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lastcar

Lil-Rokslider
If guys are really fussed, they use Shopify and all refunds are done in 48 hours. At least mine and few others were back on our cards that quick.

Pretty sure refunds are done directly via Shopify. If Atlas is involved they were damn quick in approving it.

I got out awhile ago. Figured I'd regret it at some point, but it wasn't worth it for me to roll the dice anymore.

Along with the season being upon us. Of course, I haven't bought another cooler yet...but my procrastination isn't what this is about. ;-)

Not judging anyone for their reactions to the situation. Just saying there is a quick and easy way out. A few clicks on the website and your refund should be on its way.

Also, I have to say lumping GotDraw into this seems premature and slightly unfair. Speculation at this point doesn't do anyone any good. You are in control of the situation. Get a refund if your spidey sense is tingling.

I like others hope everyone gets their coolers and it all works out. For those who are that uncomfortable, I'd jump out and move on.

bucksmut

FNG
If guys are really fussed, they use Shopify and all refunds are done in 48 hours. At least mine and few others were back on our cards that quick.

Pretty sure refunds are done directly via Shopify. If Atlas is involved they were damn quick in approving it.

I got out awhile ago. Figured I'd regret it at some point, but it wasn't worth it for me to roll the dice anymore.

Along with the season being upon us. Of course, I haven't bought another cooler yet...but my procrastination isn't what this is about. ;-)

Not judging anyone for their reactions to the situation. Just saying there is a quick and easy way out. A few clicks on the website and your refund should be on its way.

Also, I have to say lumping GotDraw into this seems premature and slightly unfair. Speculation at this point doesn't do anyone any good. You are in control of the situation. Get a refund if your spidey sense is tingling.

I like others hope everyone gets their coolers and it all works out. For those who are that uncomfortable, I'd jump out and move on.

I sure do hope you are correct. I went through the Atlas site to cancel my order on Wednesday of last week 8/24 and still have not seen anything show up on my card. I really hope they process the refund here soon as I really don't want to go through the hassle of chasing a refund upstream through Visa.

Hardtop

FNG
I also cancelled on Aug. 24, with no refund to credit card yet. Did get an email reply from Atlas stating they need to check with their accounting team on refund status by end of day. That was on the 24th and they will not reply to my emails now!

Keep us posted on if/when you get the refund. This "company" is screwing the pooch hard.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I'm giving it until Thursday. I'm sure someone from atlas has seen our threads. Its impossible they haven't.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I also cancelled on Aug. 24, with no refund to credit card yet. Did get an email reply from Atlas stating they need to check with their accounting team on refund status by end of day. That was on the 24th and they will not reply to my emails now!

When I canceled I received an immediate email stating my order had been cancelled and refunded, money was back in my account two days after cancelling. So something has changed, I cancelled early Aug I think.

Roy68

WKR
I cancelled as of this evening. I figure if I don't see a refund on my card by September 7th I'll call the cc company.

I honestly hope it works out for the rest.