AZ Elk 2021

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I agree. I drew a cow tag for the late rifle hunt and my son and I are going to visit the unit for a few days starting Thu.

Eddie

Hoping it continues for sure. Headed out to hunt with my Sister who drew 6A early rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
That was in 7-E real close to 11m
Very nice and thanks.

My first elk tag was in 7e in 2019. It was my first year elk hunting and I had nary a clue what I was doing, but nice to know they are there. Haha.

Good luck on your hunt.

Eddie

NoLa

FNG
I'm glad to hear that its been raining! I pulled a late elk tag and have been nervous about the reports of fire and lack of rain.

OP
Elkoholic87
We had nearly 2” of rain fall in about 90 minutes in Flagstaff today.

AZ_J

FNG
Well... this makes me sad I drew unit 1 early archery and will have to pointguard it due to me being in Idaho for work through Oct.
Can't even justify getting a NR tag up here because it will be $800 in tag/license fees and I find that ridiculous in my personal opinion.

River_Rat

FNG
Well... this makes me sad I drew unit 1 early archery and will have to pointguard it due to me being in Idaho for work through Oct.
Can't even justify getting a NR tag up here because it will be $800 in tag/license fees and I find that ridiculous in my personal opinion.
I might would have to come down with the rona and quarantine myself in unit 1 during that time lol

Am in 6A right now. It’s very green. Some areas are wetter than others.

Tons of fresh ek sign. Too bad I don’t have an elk tag this year.

Still a lot of closures but hopefully things will fully open up before the season starts. I’d be nervous as all hell if I had the Commissioner’s tags for elk/muleys/pronghorn as the clock is ticking.

OP
Elkoholic87
I went out yesterday and put up some cameras in the unit I’ll be hunting. I got into a bachelor group of about 8-10 bulls. Let’s just say there will be some monsters running around this year.

Der Hund

FNG
I have an early December Unit 1/2B/2C antler-less tag. Scouted the lay-out of the alleged winter range in September and did not see a single elk (not winter). Heading to the range soon to make sure my rifle/scope/me still work together.

cjp584

FNG
I have an early December Unit 1/2B/2C antler-less tag. Scouted the lay-out of the alleged winter range in September and did not see a single elk (not winter). Heading to the range soon to make sure my rifle/scope/me still work together.
Starting the trip out that way in the morning, good luck to ya.