AZ in December $200 Range

rootacres

WKR
Hello all,

I’m trying to help my father in law out. He is assisting a friend on a northern AZ elk hunt the first week of Dec. He doesn’t hunt a ton out there and can’t really justify the price of Crispis or something like that. I’m assuming some light insulation would be desired and extreme stiffness won’t be needed. What’s everyone like to use?

Thanks.

Wumbo

FNG
Depends, I've used uninsulated boots for all my arizona hunts. Maybe you could justify it for a few of the higher elevation areas, but I feel like it would just make your feet sweat. I use like an 8in meindl boot which is nice for some of the abrasive brush and cacti, but id prefer to downsize

bdg848

WKR
I bought a pair of Merrels that I really like. I don't remember the specific style unfortunately. I did a lot of walking in Idaho and wore them daily at work all winter here in Iowa and they still are in perfect shape. Really comfortable. They were $200 maybe a bit less.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Go with leather-everything here is pointy.
I tried a pair of LaSportiva Nucleo High GTX that I really liked but returned because they fit too narrow for me, if they fit my foot better I would’ve been perfect.
AZ can be mild or full on snow depending on year and where you’re at, I like insulation (but I tolerate hot feet better than cold feet).