AZ Unit 9 Late Season Bull Hunt

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

After 6 years I finally drew an elk tag in my home state of AZ.

This will be my very first elk since I have been unsuccessful OTC in Colorado the past 2 years and only started hunting 6 years ago.

I drew an AZ Unit 9 Late Season Bull tag.

I have been eScouting as much as I can and going to start scouting several weekends before the hunt starts since I know they wont be in the same area as they're now due to moving to winter ranges.

I am just looking for some tips or what kind of country to be in during that time from anyone who has hunted them in unit 9 during the late season.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,

TJ

480-720-8987

robie

WKR
Good luck. Not to discourage you but I hear it is a difficult late hunt due to the lack of elevation differences. Hopefully some of the guys on here can shed more light on the hunt than that.

I will be next door in unit 10 looking for something that isn't busted up.

OP
huntaz31

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck. Not to discourage you but I hear it is a difficult late hunt due to the lack of elevation differences. Hopefully some of the guys on here can shed more light on the hunt than that.

I will be next door in unit 10 looking for something that isn't busted up.

That is what I have been hearing!

From what I have found eScouting vantage points are not common so I have been planning on glassing as much as I can and get boots on the ground.

I dont want to go home empty handed since this is my first elk hunt and had 7 points as a resident.

-TJ

robie

WKR
That is what I have been hearing!

From what I have found eScouting vantage points are not common so I have been planning on glassing as much as I can and get boots on the ground.

I dont want to go home empty handed since this is my first elk hunt and had 7 points as a resident.

-TJ

Best of luck to you. If you get one down and need help getting it out send me a message. If I'm tagged out I would be glad to help you.

OP
huntaz31

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
Best of luck to you. If you get one down and need help getting it out send me a message. If I'm tagged out I would be glad to help you.

Wow Thank you very much it means a lot!

Very generous of you!

Good luck!

-TJ

robie

WKR
Wow Thank you very much it means a lot!

Very generous of you!

Good luck!

-TJ

No worries. I like seeing new country. I'm also driving out from Texas and if something crazy like a first day bull happens I'm not just turning around to head home.

You going solo?

OP
huntaz31

huntaz31

Lil-Rokslider
No worries. I like seeing new country. I'm also driving out from Texas and if something crazy like a first day bull happens I'm not just turning around to head home.

You going solo?

No my father in law and I have tags (both of our first elk tags drawn) and then my other buddy is coming to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk