Backcountry Treats

This may be on another thread, but what is everyone's favorite backcountry treat (food or drink)? Something you really look forward to having, and only have at a certain time, or maybe only pack one per day to keep it special.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I just learned about the many new coffee-laced energy bars coming on the market. Ordered a variety pack of the coffee CLIF bars and will report back on which I like best. As a man who drinks extremely strong coffee, I think as a midday snack these will be very useful while hunting.
+1
AA.jpg

BB.jpg

68Plexi

WKR
Starbucks via and a cliff mint chip cliff bar for me. Sometimes I’ll pack some hi-chews just to share. It’s amazing how a few luxury sugar items make long days away from home more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I second Sour Patch Kids. Also for a bar, I've been trying the Redcon1 bars and they are super good. They have a protein bar, MRE I think and then the BAR, breakfast bar. It's like a cereal bar and they're good. The protein bar doesn't have the consistency of a typical protein bar which was the plug plus for me. And they tasted great

Mosby

WKR
Candy fruit slices from Walmart. Vanilla wafers and ginger snaps also from Walmart. Alternate as needed.

yojo.3

FNG
i once brought in a monster ultra in with us when we were using 4 wheelers to access an area in alaska. stuffed it in the meat hauler trailer, it was so beat up by the end of the week im just glad it didnt burst open. that was the best energy drink ive ever had especially after that rough week.

Scrappy

WKR
Oh man that hot cup of coffee when I'm sitting and glassing.... even instant is so good and WARM!
20191008_170620.jpgyes love me some coffee in the backcountry. I just figured out coffee might be the only reason I keep hunting the backcountry.20170921_185211.jpg

Zagnut bars and peanut butter crackers. They are my dads favorite and he always has them when we are bear hunting. Only buy zagnut during hunting season.