Backpacking/Hunting Stove Recommendations

I don't mean to hijack your post but what do you guys think of the Primus Eta Lite? I have it narrowed down to this or a MSR pocket rocket with a Stanley cook kit.

Looney

FNG
For the tried and tested classic the MSR whisperlite takes the cake. Not a light item, but I’ve got one of them that’s over 40 years old that still purrs like a kitten.

chasewild

WKR
Just bought the soto windmaster with the fourflex. It fits inside the exchange coil of the Jetboil micromo. WIndmaster = 3.0oz
Micromo cup w/ lid= 6.0oz.

Dropping rubber coffee mug (4 oz).
1 fuel cannister for 12 days.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Soto Windmaster and GSI pinnacle soloist or I also use a Toaks 750 cup for cutting weight.
I also love my Primus Omni Lite Ti
Try the silencer for it if you haven’t - wow. Huge difference.

Primus Omnilite has the best pump available. I’ve also got an Optimus Polaris and had an MSR.

Polaris is much more stable than the omnilite and has a jet you can clean while cooking. I’ve noticed stove disassembly is usually needed when it’s bad, though.

I think my preference is the Primus.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Cannister stove: Snowpeak Gigapower. It simmers better than a pocket rocket and has 4 prongs so more stable. Melting snow isn't what this is for for me.

Liquid fuel or cannister: Optimus Polaris. Simmers better than my Whisperlite.

Twig: Emberlit Titanium, but the Fire Ant should equate.

I'm boiling water or cooking about 50:50. I think MSR Whisperlite is hotter, but haven't done the head to head to prove it. I prefer to be able to cook without scorching my butter, ymmv.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk