Bed mattresses at home

sndmn11

WKR
@KickinNDishin and I have decided we need a new mattress. I have chronic back issues, and if something gets off, it takes some time for things to get back right. If I sleep in the spare room, where MY old firm wonderful mattress is, itight take a night or two to get squared away. She has also had some nights that weren't comfortable and woke up feeling not rested or sore for no reason.

Who has experience with some of the mail order type mattresses? Wink, Purple, Tuft and Needle, etc. We have Denver Mattress here in town, and will go by there, but it seems we can save some money doing the online "factory direct" sort of business model. I have read a lot of online reviews from various sleep sites, and would have ordered a Wink already, but the more info the better.

I would love to hear about your recent mattress shopping and purchasing experience. We all know sleep is paramount to health, and training to hunt is greatly effected by your health.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
August of 2019 I bought a new mattress........wife wanted firm. It felt OK at the showroom so ordered it up. A few days after sleeping on it and waking up sore every morning, my lower back blew out so badly that it still hurts. I called them up and had the plush model delivered and exchanged the next day. Other than the pain from that blowing out, it's been fine since. I will say though that all of the memory foam type mattresses or pads I've slept on have kept me too warm. It's like the heat just doesn't dissipate well.

Last edited:

Laramie

WKR
I'm a big guy... absolutely have hated the two mail ones we tried. I'm cheap on a lot of things but never will I be cheap again on a mattress. It's a pain but I believe people should take advantage of the 30 free night deal that many companies offer. Buy the cover to protect it and actually sleep on it for a while.

Afhunter1

WKR
I am in the same boat. I’ve had a cheap mattress for 15yrs now and I’m not sleeping well. I will be anxious to hear what you come up with. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the high end purple. Mattress never really mattered but as I am closing in on 40 there are a few things I’m not gonna take for granted anymore. Sleep is one

We tried several and are VERY happy with our Saatva. Delivered to your door. They will set up and take away any old one if you wish.

260madman

WKR
Will not order one without laying on it first. Went local and spent $1600 on the mattress. Was well worth it. Extremely comfortable. No regrets. It’s something you use every day/night and is a huge tool in making you feel good.

fatbacks

WKR
I have a tempurpedic. Tried the Casper but hated it. The tempurpedic costs some serious change, but worth every penny in my opinion. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ8

WKR
I purchased a Health Care foam mattress about 3 years ago. I hate it. First 3 months was an adjustment. Eventually I got used to it, but was never completely comfortable. Has gotten progressively worse. Total waste of money. Fun with the lady is more difficult too! Haha

I will be switching back to a pillow top type spring mattress soon.

What did you try, and what did you think of each? I'm glad you reminded me about removing the old one!
We slept on my brothers new Temperpedic to try. Too hot and soft and expensive. Also had an expensive Serta we gave to the kids...too stiff so hips hurt. Saatva is highly rated online mattress. Cotton batting on top stays cool in summer. Forms for a side sleeper. We have the middle model. I think was $1100 TYD. Not too hard to find coupon codes.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
We bought a hybrid bed several years ago and love it. It is a serta something. I have had two back surgeries on my lower back and no issues sleeping with this new bed. If I would go mail order I would try helix so if your wife sleeps different they will split the mattress to cater to different sleepers but I haven’t tried it so no first hand experience. Good luck and the pillow advice is sounds. We spent $100 per pillow and makes a huge difference. My pillow intrigued me too but that would put you on the domestic terrorist list now.

We have been sleeping on a Dream Cloud Hybrid for 9 months. This was my first adventure in purchasing a mattress without checking it out in a showroom first and I was plenty uncomfortable about it. The platform was also ordered in a package deal, when it arrived I was surprised it said Nest on the box so my guess is Dream Cloud and Nest are connected.

You also need new sheets, our new mattress is 14" thick

I have the back problems but my wife was the one complaining about the old mattress; this mattress has been great for both of us.

Last edited:

UtahJimmy

WKR
We did Bed in a box 4 or 5 years ago. Been VERY happy with it. We got a model with some cooling shit in it because we both sleep warm and have not had any problems with being hot.

Also have not had any issues with adult time. Firmer edges that don't collapse are AWESOME!

IIRC they did 120 day trial and if you don't like it, they want you to donate it. Also 20 year warranty (if they are around that long?) was promising. If definitely recommend you give it a try!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
I just replaced my 10 year old tempurpedic with a brooklyn bedding signature hybrid. I only have one night on it so far, but I slept better last night than I have in months on my old mattress. Off to a good start.