Beginners hunting chassis gun

I am getting itchy to try a chassis gun. My current main boomer is a tikka t3x in 6.5 creed That I don’t want to convert. I would like to stay under 7# and $2k without glass. Side folder is desired.

I am thinking either a sig cross in 6.5 creed. They go for $1500 and seem to have what I want. Another thought is to buy a donor tikka for $800 (stainless lite t3x) and put it in a XLR Element 4.0 for $800 (With a side folder). I could bling either with slings and rings and a few grip panels and still be under $2k.

thoughts?

Reactions: XLR
Chassis can be a real love/hate.
Personally I can't get jazzed about them. Sure in general they are easier to shoot well but when I look at one my heart doesn't yearn.

Usually they are cold to hunt with as well.

I've heard grumbling that the 18" 6.5 cross isn't that great a combo for alot of ammo and that sig will most likely be going to a slightly longer barrel for 2022 so id wait till the shot show announcements.

That being said I'm a big fan of having rifles as standardized and similar as possible.

Id suggest possibly ordering the cheapest tikka you can find which i believe will be the compact for euro optics for $600
Try out the chassis
Then put that extra $200 towards the carbon prefit barrel of your choice🥸

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am getting itchy to try a chassis gun. My current main boomer is a tikka t3x in 6.5 creed That I don’t want to convert. I would like to stay under 7# and $2k without glass. Side folder is desired.

I am thinking either a sig cross in 6.5 creed. They go for $1500 and seem to have what I want. Another thought is to buy a donor tikka for $800 (stainless lite t3x) and put it in a XLR Element 4.0 for $800 (With a side folder). I could bling either with slings and rings and a few grip panels and still be under $2k.

thoughts?
Let us know if you have any questions about the chassis and we will get you taken care of! You can always give us a call and we would love to discuss the benefits of the chassis along with the barreled action options that might fit in your budget!