Best 10mm models

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This is wrong. Please don't repeat old wives tales. Stock Glock barrel will shoot hardcast just fine.

You can go watch hickock45s video with the 10mm, he was getting a lot of tumbling and I believe some failures to feed with the 220g....until he switched barrels.

I’ve also experienced the same so it’s not an old wives tale.

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at grabbing my first 10mm for carry out west. I'm I correct in saying that the Gen 4 G20 is the same as the G20 SF when the smallest backstrap is used? I have smaller hands so trying to make sure I buy the correct one as I don't see the G20SF being offered at cabelas (have a lot of gift cards).

husky390

WKR
I'm looking at grabbing my first 10mm for carry out west. I'm I correct in saying that the Gen 4 G20 is the same as the G20 SF when the smallest backstrap is used? I have smaller hands so trying to make sure I buy the correct one as I don't see the G20SF being offered at cabelas (have a lot of gift cards).

Technically yes. No backstrap on the Gen 4 is the same as the SF. Gen 4’s have been the only way I’ve been able to get a Glock to feel decent in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G20. I have several slides/barrels that can be changed on the frame. With just a change in recoil springs, barrel, slide and magazine you can fire 11 different calibers. 9mm, .38 Super, 9x25 Dillon, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, 10mm, .45 ACP, 400 Cor-Bon, 40 Super, .45 Super, and .460 Rowland. Checkout the video on youtube.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Yes. The gen4 without a back strap is the same as a gen3 SF. That’s the way mine is.

If you can use the gift cards for something else I'd just get one of the timberwolf frames and whatever slide/barrel you want from lone wolf from the start. I wish I would have done that.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/TimberwolfConfig.aspx

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
If you can use the gift cards for something else I'd just get one of the timberwolf frames and whatever slide/barrel you want from lone wolf from the start. I wish I would have done that.

Wish I could find one of these locally to hold before buying.

I'll take what I can get to make a Glock not feel like a Glock, the 10mm aspect is the only thing that compelled me to own one. This may have to do until S&W cranks out a 10mm M&P... someday :sleep:

husky390

WKR
Wish I could find one of these locally to hold before buying.

I'll take what I can get to make a Glock not feel like a Glock, the 10mm aspect is the only thing that compelled me to own one. This may have to do until S&W cranks out a 10mm M&P... someday :sleep:

I just noticed Springfield Armory has a 10mm in their XDm lineup. One of my Glocks is about to go on the chopping block now.

I just noticed Springfield Armory has a 10mm in their XDm lineup. One of my Glocks is about to go on the chopping block now.

Just got one of these to use as my carry/backup gun in grizz territory. I wasn’t carrying my Sig because it was heavy. Glocks never fit my hand well. This seems to fit all the requirements. I finally got it to the range a few days ago, and it does have quite the kick, but it shoots well, and handled all the ammo I put through it great.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider

I don't absolutely love the XDm, but it is certainly an ergonomic improvement on the Glock.

I shoot an M&P in IDPA/USPSA so that's certainly the brand I'd love to see adopt the 10mm next, but I'd also be keen on a longslide Sig P320 (probably the more likely offering, if at all).

husky390

WKR
I don't absolutely love the XDm, but it is certainly an ergonomic improvement on the Glock.

I shoot an M&P in IDPA/USPSA so that's certainly the brand I'd love to see adopt the 10mm next, but I'd also be keen on a longslide Sig P320 (probably the more likely offering, if at all).

Which XDm did you buy? I used to shoot an XD45 in IDPA and I love that gun. Best fit for my hand.

Grundy53

WKR

So if I get one of these frames with the kit then I just need to pick up a slide, barrel and magazine for a complete pistol?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
So if I get one of these frames with the kit then I just need to pick up a slide, barrel and magazine for a complete pistol?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep, if you specify the built version or order the parts kit with the bare one, you'll have everything you need for the 'bottom half'

280ack

FNG
Why not look at a Ruger 10mm revolver if your sold on the 10? Or a good old S&W 657 4" mountain gun in 41 mag or S&W 629 mountain gun in 44 mag. 10's are very expensive to shoot, wally world is a source for 44 ammo usually cheap. The auto has its place and will work but a field gun is likely to get shot once or twice ? Either the 41 and 44 have more power and have tailored loads for purchase for big bear defense.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Which XDm did you buy? I used to shoot an XD45 in IDPA and I love that gun. Best fit for my hand.

I used to have a .45 XD when they first came out in the mid-2000s and Dad bought an XDm in .40 a few years ago that I've shot it a fair bit as-is and with a 9mm conversion barrel I got for him. Comfortable guns, I certainly prefer the 'American' grip angle, especially for shooting sports. Bore axis seems needlessly high for a striker-fired design, trigger was ok, grip safety seemed superfluous for my uses (although I can see why some might want that in a hunting sidearm). Aftermarket support for them was really late to the game.

Nothing wrong with them, just didn't fit as well or shoot well as easily as the M&P series does for me. Colleague who got me into IDPA let me shoot a match with his 5" 9mm M&P with some Apex trigger parts in it and that was it for me. As it sits a few years later, all my 'serious use' carry and competition guns are M&Ps. Only reason I own a Glock is because I wanted to mess around with 10mm.

husky390

WKR
Why not look at a Ruger 10mm revolver if your sold on the 10? Or a good old S&W 657 4" mountain gun in 41 mag or S&W 629 mountain gun in 44 mag. 10's are very expensive to shoot, wally world is a source for 44 ammo usually cheap. The auto has its place and will work but a field gun is likely to get shot once or twice ? Either the 41 and 44 have more power and have tailored loads for purchase for big bear defense.

Ever have a revolver jam up after walking through a ton of willows? I have.
Plus, 15 rounds of 10mm over 6 rounds of .41/.44. Plus I’ll happily take my Glock over my 329pd, much less a steel frame revolver. And you can EDC the Glock much easier than an N frame.

Just my experience, of course YRMV.

gbflyer

WKR
Ever have a revolver jam up after walking through a ton of willows? I have.
Plus, 15 rounds of 10mm over 6 rounds of .41/.44. Plus I’ll happily take my Glock over my 329pd, much less a steel frame revolver. And you can EDC the Glock much easier than an N frame.

Just my experience, of course YRMV.

I had to Google EDC...I get it now.

Not sure if many folks relying on 15 rounds of anything have ever seen or been charged for real by a brown furry. I liken it to turkey hunting...well sort of...in that if you don’t have your firearm shouldered or aimed as the case may be, safety off and ready to shoot when chance affords, you’re gonna lose. And there’s time for one shot unless you’ve got a good dog to keep the bear busy while you gather it in for a follow up. It can happen that fast. The pistola is OK but better to have a big bore rifle, 12ga Breneke slugs, or probably even better is some UDAP spray and a tailwind. The most important part is the presence of mind and situational awareness that’s needed to survive. I know most days I don’t have it. I’d probably get eaten with my pistol still in the holster