Best chair for glassing?

KC1

FNG
Doing a mule deer hunt in November, what's the best lightweight chair to carry on your backpack?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Big Agnes Skyline. Wayyyy better than the Helinox that most will recommend.

They are popular enough now that you can go to a local camping store and try them out. Different seat angles in these light chairs can make a world of difference.

Stoney920

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had pretty good luck with a helinox chair zero depending on what tripod you use.

I enjoy the Hillsound BTR, the higher version. Very different than the lounge style sling chair - not something you're going to take a nap it. You are higher up and leaning forward. Not better than those but quite different if low and leaning back isn't what you want.

I currently use a Helinox. With that said, IMO it's not exactly what I'd call optimal for glassing. I'm 5'10" 180lbs.

I'm looking at the Big Agnes Skyline now!

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
I enjoy the Hillsound BTR, the higher version. Very different than the lounge style sling chair - not something you're going to take a nap it. You are higher up and leaning forward. Not better than those but quite different if low and leaning back isn't what you want.
That's more what I was thinking. Thanks for the heads up!

Depending on the terrain...

Lightweight tripod from BassPro or a BTR is my staple.

But I do like my Helinox chair as well. However it does require a firm ground or you will sink.

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a helinox and an rei also. 100% I think the rei chair is more stable, feels more comfortable, and will save you money. It's a win win.

D S 319

WKR
Bought a lightweight version from AliExpress. Initial thoughts are good, but haven’t put it to test. Cost was sub $30 to my door.