Best Mathew's bow in last decade?

Best bow in last 10 years???

Ah isn’t it the last one?? It’s faster quieter smoother and has cooler colors..... that’s what the ads says... the one with the influencer guy.. you know the one!!..

^this post can be copy and pasted next year and the year after

I am partial to my Traverse, it is a caddy, I won’t even look at new bows till I can’t get parts for this one. Shot the switchback for years drank some coolaid and bought a Halon and hated it. went on other bow brand tour and came back to Matthews, shot all the bows available to me through friends coworkers etc at the time preferred certain things to the traverse over all of them, I believe the VXR ##.# was out at the time, not sure. It was nice, but Long story long, I’m a slow heavy Traverse guy.. will be for a long time.

I have shot some other brands and shorter bows as well. I really wanted to like a carbon bow but that didn't work out for me. I have the traverse now and like it a lot. I think some would say it is too long ATA for a blind but I prefer it, maybe because I am 6'2'' and have a 30" draw

I like my z7 extreme.

I got my Z3 for $400 right after they came out with the new generation, just threw a new Vapor Trail string and cable set on it today. Not breaking any speed records, but it's accurate, has been easy to tune so far, cost a third what the latest and greatest would and does the trick just fine. I suspect I'll keep it as my primary as long as it works.

I’d go with the Vertix followed up closely by the Halon 32. Both great bows that fit me very well. I’d still like to try a Traverse though, I’ve heard too many good things about them. May have to break down in the off season and try one lol.

Is the drenalin too old? 😬 Love that bow. I say every year I'm gonna upgrade, and I just haven't . Came really close to buying a halon 32 a while ago.

I know this is an old(ish) thread, but someone brought it up top with a comment. That aside, I have a Dren and Halon 32 and love them both. Did you ever pick up a Halon 32?

I love my old school z7 extreme - I'm still using mine from however many years ago it came out. I keep wanting to upgrade, but always talk myself out of it.

I had a Drenalin up until last year when I sold it (old shoulder injury finally caught up to me). It's the first and only bow I bought for myself new. In the ~10 years I had it, every time I looked at a new bow I couldn't see a single reason to upgrade from that one.

I bought a V3 when they came out, had shoulder surgery, and then swapped my V3 for a Traverse because my draw length changed.

Hands down the Traverse. Loved the V3 but Travers is so nice.

Geez, I suddenly have an urge to go shoot a Traverse.....don't know why :). I bought a used Triax this year and love it. I shoot more accurately with it than my previous two bows. I started with a Mission Hype DT and then moved to a Bowtech Revolt X.

Even though it's 17 years old, the LX. I now have a vxr and wish I would'nt have sold my LX.

Draw and fire cycle is sooo much smoother with the lx and it was much more forgiving and accurate.

I think those same attributes extend to the switchback and no cam. Maybe the z7 series

I love my old school z7 extreme - I'm still using mine from however many years ago it came out. I keep wanting to upgrade, but always talk myself out of it.
Same. Wish I had kept it. I like my current bow, but that one was a killer. I also shot a few 300 rounds and having never shot target before(well since I was a kid) I was in the high 280's to low 290's on the 2 rounds I shot, each with one complete miss. Super accurate bow for being so short. Shot a lot of 3d with it too.

Back