Best rechargeable headlamp

Dented

WKR
Sofrin. Check the forum, red and white light, rechargeable 18650. Last i saw they were on sale for $16, from about $30. Got a couple of them, a great deal and not a high dollar item.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to echo the 77 outdoor. There is NOTHING beating it for the price. A gentleman just did a review on it vs the peax. And while the peax came out on top it’s 3x the price. For my needs I wasn’t convinced I needed to pay more for the very slight advantage

Hands down my favorite in this category:

Same here. Best headlamp on the market in my opinion; I can't believe how much runtime and brightness they can stuff into such a tough, compact package — plus the interface is perfect.

The HM65R is brighter, simpler, lighter and lasts longer than my Petzl Nao+, doesn't have an annoying separate battery pack, and skips the crap like reactive lighting and Bluetooth control that I find distracting and useless. The HM70R is also great if you want even more runtime at the expense of a bit more weight.

WoodBow

WKR
I bought a peax to try this year. I have bought several over the years and never loved any of them. Petzl, BD, etc. For the price point i would have preferred to buy a zebra light, but their website pisses me off every time i get on it. They have a handful of lights and do a very poor job of informing you of what the differences are. I believe they are a superior product to peax, and at the same price point, but lack of clarity lead me to go with with peax which offers only one option.

I have only played with it at home but it is simple to use, plenty bright, you can use it upside down the same as right side up, the integrated charging port location is pretty slick, and it is more comfortable on my head than others i have used due to it having a larger contact surface that is curved.

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up the 77 outdoor to try out

I have a sofirn and it’s great but wanted a red light mode

Drenalin

WKR
Nitecore NU25. Have 3 or 4 of em now. Original from 2019 is still going strong as ever.
I haven't used a bunch of rechargeable headlamps, but I like this one a lot. I replaced the headband with shock cord, but now they sell them that way.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
Fenix has treated me well. HM65RDT has the best (comfort and retention) headband I've personally used. One bulb has a warm light setting which works better in the rain (less annoying glare). Plenty bright and great battery life.

Hands down my favorite in this category:

Yep, just not gonna beat a Fenix. If someone's tried a Fenix they're not likely to recommend anything else.

TXCO

WKR
I have a petzl that can do batteries or rechargable. Its nice to have the options depending on trip length. The only downside is no lock on it.