Best Way to Concealed Carry While Jogging?

Any recommended methods or specific gear for concealed carry while jogging? Purpose-built fanny pack? Belly band?

nhp0002

FNG
I second the Hill People Gear bags. I have the Runner's Kit Bag and love it. The Stabilizer Kit (included with the runner's kit bag) really helps keep it secure and it is plenty big enough for my G19, ID, a TQ, a couple of keys and phone

BjornF16

WKR
This is the belly band I use. Had for approximately 8 years.

Belly band. I prefer neoprene. hydration packs are another option but the draw is a compromise.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Camelbak circuit vest with an Naa black widow in one pocket and my phone/keys in the other.
I think the pockets are designed for more water or snacks but it works great

Stalker69

WKR
Smart Carry, I can carry no matter what I wear from dress to trunks and no shirt, sweat pants , shorts literally any thing. No belt needed. Carry extra magazine. And I can run, mountain bike, dirt bike,do hand stands haven’t found a situation or doing something that I can’t wear and be 100% confident no one knows. Except actually getting in the water to swim or wake board and stuff.

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
HPG can’t go wrong just make sure you get (or in my case ad) the runner strap or it bounces around too much. I carry a GLOCK 40 with Trijicon RMR 95% of the time. But I’m weird... and the HPG or my Tier 1 Appendix holster does the vast bulk of my CCW.

How about the obvious answer, you don't need a gun while you're jogging.

Consider moving if you truly believe you do.

yeah...so...maybe the OP has already crossed that bridge and decided he/she wants the option to carry while exercising. Trail runner worried about a mountain lion threat. LEO that prefers to be armed during off duty. Domestic violence survivor concerned about retribution from a former spouse. Lives in a shady neighborhood and moving isn’t as easy as your comment suggests. Or just someone that wants to exercise a right while exercising.

it’s not clear to me what you comment adds to the discussion beyond an expression of your own opinion that rejects the whole notion of the original question‘s premise and invalidates the idea of the OPs choice to carry a firearm during activities. Not terribly helpful IMO and probably something you could have kept to yourself.

OP - layering a bit of detail on my comments above, I agree with a small gun. Bounce is the biggest annoyance I had when doing this. The bigger the gun the more of an issue.

there is a site called lightfighter.net that has some very solid info on this and many other things firearms related. It is mostly an LEO and military crowd. Lots of current and ex pros. Search up ”holster running PT, and there are a few threads with good, specific suggestions.

a few further thoughts:

- Hill people gear is great but I didn’t care for the chest pack for running.
- I used camelbacks for running or one of those runners vests (bought it at REI) but didn’t care for those for short jogs
- I used runners belts from Salomon and Osprey with a pocket big enough for the gun and wore it around the small of my back With something that kept the gun from printing. Bought those at REI too
- I tried Galco and a few other belly bands and they work OK but Ifound they absorbed sweat like crazy
- my favorite belly band was the PT2 from here. More concealment and less bounce but more sweat on the gun (see below)

of the options tried I liked the runners belt the most, followed by a belly band. The runners belt could be tightened to avoid bounce and held my cell phone and keys and a little water too. A buddy used a ruger LCP for a “PT gun” and it got some surface rust. Just make sure you wipe it down and don’t store it with sweat on it in a holster or case.

last point, depending on your gun, sweat and salt induced corrosion can be an issue.

Stalker69

WKR
How about the obvious answer, you don't need a gun while you're jogging.

Consider moving if you truly believe you do.

Don’t matter where you jog, run, bike or anything else. Nice neighbor hoods are not with out crime either. In fact many go to those areas to commit crimes. I walk my dog through a pretty affluent neighbor hood from time to time. And have had more dogs come after us off leash and owners that think they are above the law and all high and mighty , and there dogs don’t have to be a leash, threaten us if we come back, then about anywhere else. Also some sketchy people just park at the end of the road there ,a lot, and I guarantee they are up to no good, Drinking or drugs goes on in these neighbor hoods also. Best to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. And it’s crazy times going on right now, every where.